Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference

South Side Hit Men

28 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Because we are eager to put Hahn's lawyer-speak under a microscope in order to squeeze out more speculation in the form of threads with questions we can't answer? That's my best guess at least.

I prefer hearing from the team as opposed to Portillo's Beef,  Not Steve Cishek, Heavy Cheese Fries, Jimbo's Stale Beer, Garden on a Bun, and potential 2022 Rookie Leaker of the year candidate Abreu's Jalapeno Hard Sliders.

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I prefer hearing from the team as opposed to Portillo's Beef,  Not Steve Cishek, Heavy Cheese Fries, Jimbo's Stale Beer, Garden on a Bun, and potential 2022 Rookie Leaker of the year candidate Abreu's Jalapeno Hard Sliders.

But none of the above will tell you anything that you should actually listen to.  Hahn isn't gonna lay out his plan, he is gonna generalize the year and say he was dissatisfied with the ending of the season and they have already started planning this off-season.  

Nobody tells you anything anymore, the last time Hahn did anything remotely close to that was when he said "you will know by our first move in the off-season which direction we will be going" right before they traded Sale and Eaton.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

But none of the above will tell you anything that you should actually listen to.  Hahn isn't gonna lay out his plan, he is gonna generalize the year and say he was dissatisfied with the ending of the season and they have already started planning this off-season.  

Nobody tells you anything anymore, the last time Hahn did anything remotely close to that was when he said "you will know by our first move in the off-season which direction we will be going" right before they traded Sale and Eaton.

Well, by him holding it means he is likely to return. Also can learn if there are any changes to the coaching staff, updates on the two surgeries, and a general direction or approach to the offseason.

Karnisovas / The Bulls' new regime have been open with their process, and Hoyer has been available and candid on a regular basis. 

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Well, by him holding it means he is likely to return. Also can learn if there are any changes to the coaching staff, updates on the two surgeries, and a general direction or approach to the offseason.

Karnisovas / The Bulls' new regime have been open with their process, and Hoyer has been available and candid on a regular basis. 

Karnisovas and Hoyer are just as quiet about actually telling you what they are gonna do.  Honestly I can't even recall Arturas talking about anything, I don't even know what he or Everley sound like, and I listen to the Score every day while working.  Hoyer is just a cliche machine.

it's just not worth getting worked up over, they aren't gonna tell you anything super important 

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Karnisovas and Hoyer are just as quiet about actually telling you what they are gonna do.  Honestly I can't even recall Arturas talking about anything, I don't even know what he or Everley sound like, and I listen to the Score every day while working.  Hoyer is just a cliche machine.

it's just not worth getting worked up over, they aren't gonna tell you anything super important 

Again, there is nobody "getting worked up" over the press conference or lack thereof. Just finding it odd it hasn't happened without something possibly important happening (Hahn not returning).

Grandal's surgery could have been one reason to delay (to announce the results), but that news was learned vis Grandal's instagram, not the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why haven’t we had a press conference? Oh my God. What does this mean???? They must be hiding something! I just don’t understand it.

It really makes no sense and we should have already heard something official from the team.

Seriously, why… like really… why????

• Haha 2

I was just messing around earlier. Lol but no this isn’t the way. Why isn’t Rick Hahn scheduling an end of the season press conference? Why do we have to be left in the dark? Again just joking but I can continue on and on why it’s just so frustrating. Lol

Edited by maloney.adam

25 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Why haven’t we had a press conference? Oh my God. What does this mean???? They must be hiding something! I just don’t understand it.

It really makes no sense and we should have already heard something official from the team.

Seriously, why… like really… why????

This is the way.

Edited by maloney.adam

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I will say when he outlined the team he wanted in his beginning press conference (long, athletic, swinging ball from side to side, aggressive) this team is a lot more like that then it was before. But I think other than that the bulls may be the biggest black box of an org in the city. Maybe some of the writers eventually make relationships, but there did not seeem to be any national writer or local that had the finger on the pulse of what they were gonna do.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Supposed to happen tomorrow morning, everyone get ready for word salad with no dressing 

“It isn’t under these conditions, ideally, that we are having this discussion, which of course, we would have liked to occur at the conclusion of a successful World Series Championship… however, we stand here today knowing that, ideally our window has not only been declared as open, but from an operational point of view we would, having our druthers, mean that a preview to our fans of sustained success can be recognized.

When we set out on this path, ideally we were looking not for a single successful season but rather, multiple championships and we still feel we are along that path when reading the tea leaves. We want to acknowledge the work this club did, acknowledge Tony and his… lead…. His… grea… his great leadership that Jerry is certainly… proud of… and we want to acknowledge the great support of all our amazing fans… while still most importantly acknowledging that we have more work to do.

Now, we look towards the ultimate goal of bringing a Championship to our great fans and we will continue moving on towards, ideally, reaching that goal in 2022, while still, making moves that set us up for also sustained success, the fruits of which, we are beginning to taste, which while we are pleased have been somewhat seen with the results on the field we all saw, the way the season ended did leave a bad taste in our mouth, and ideally we will see this adversity with a response which, ideally acts as motivation to return to the post season in short order while also, ideally, presenting itself with our desired goal. Until then our work is unfinished and ideally we sit here today better positioned to continue forward along the successful path we entered in upon a short time ago.”

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

“It isn’t under these conditions, ideally, that we are having this discussion, which of course, we would have liked to occur at the conclusion of a successful World Series Championship… however, we stand here today knowing that, ideally our window has not only been declared as open, but from an operational point of view we would, having our druthers, mean that a preview to our fans of sustained success can be recognized.

When we set out on this path, ideally we were looking not for a single successful season but rather, multiple championships and we still feel we are along that path when reading the tea leaves. We want to acknowledge the work this club did, acknowledge Tony and his… lead…. His… grea… his great leadership that Jerry is certainly… proud of… and we want to acknowledge the great support of all our amazing fans… while still most importantly acknowledging that we have more work to do.

Now, we look towards the ultimate goal of bringing a Championship to our great fans and we will continue moving on towards, ideally, reaching that goal in 2022, while still, making moves that set us up for also sustained success, the fruits of which, we are beginning to taste, which while we are pleased have been somewhat seen with the results on the field we all saw, the way the season ended did leave a bad taste in our mouth, and ideally we will see this adversity with a response which, ideally acts as motivation to return to the post season in short order while also, ideally, presenting itself with our desired goal. Until then our work is unfinished and ideally we sit here today better positioned to continue forward along the successful path we entered in upon a short time ago.”

Now I'm getting excited.  Sounds like a lot of great stuff going on.  Um...what did he just say?

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You mean Rick didn’t tell us his entire off-season plan including who his targets are?!?!?

“We may or may not have opportunities in the market to improve our chances at sustained success and while we will not confirm nor deny any specific targets we will exhaust possibilities along the lines of free agency, trade potentials, and other creative directions should they arise. That is not to say that, ideally, we wouldn’t expect for long term fits to be the ultimate goal and with that in mind we may consider what many would refer to as short term additions… not dissimilar to what you saw last year in our addition of Lance Lynn who, ultimately, ended up checking both of those boxes over the short course of time.

With all of this in mind you may want to follow along in the coming weeks or months as our initial moves should speak volumes to what our plans are for the upcoming season in which we fully expect to play deep into the year for the third consecutive course.” 

I will tune in for updates regarding Kimbrel, Hernandez, Rodon, Grandal’s surgery.

Perhaps James Fegan will be allowed to ask a legitimate question or two. 

Do expect a substantial portion of the time to be filibustered with Bruce Levine reading a prepared statement, kissing Rick Hahn’s ass, praising Dear Leader, and gushing about Tony La Russa’s HOF job performance last season, including their enormous step forward with their incredible 12-6 playoff win.