Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference

South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I haven't heard any specific names was just told that's a direction they could go. 

Don't mind that direction at all. I just believe in Vaughn so it would hurt but as long as they get a real RFer it'll be worth it

We can stop dreaming about the Sox signing a right fielder with Hahn's comment at the presser after comparing the Sox 2nd base needs to RF.

Hahn was emphasizing how the team’s situation is superior in right field due to Andrew Vaughn and Gavin Sheets, even if neither seem like everyday, 650-plate appearance players at the position.  “We feel very bullish on the futures of Andrew Vaughn and Gavin Sheets,” Hahn said. “We envision them playing significant roles on multiple White Sox clubs going forward. We will spend some time over the next few months figuring out what is the best fit for them in 2022. Could be DH possibilities, right-field possibilities. They’re both natural first basemen and we’ve seen how quickly Andrew acclimated to left field. They provided us with good options and flexibility.” (Source James Fegan, The Athletic)

Edited by A-Train to 35th
source

8 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

We can stop dreaming about the Sox signing a right fielder with Hahn's comment at the presser after comparing the Sox 2nd base needs to RF.

Hahn was emphasizing how the team’s situation is superior in right field due to Andrew Vaughn and Gavin Sheets, even if neither seem like everyday, 650-plate appearance players at the position.  “We feel very bullish on the futures of Andrew Vaughn and Gavin Sheets,” Hahn said. “We envision them playing significant roles on multiple White Sox clubs going forward. We will spend some time over the next few months figuring out what is the best fit for them in 2022. Could be DH possibilities, right-field possibilities. They’re both natural first basemen and we’ve seen how quickly Andrew acclimated to left field. They provided us with good options and flexibility.” (Source James Fegan, The Athletic)

To each their own, but I'm not putting too much stock into a quote from a lawyer. 

6 minutes ago, Snopek said:

To each their own, but I'm not putting too much stock into a quote from a lawyer. 

Don't discount a lawyer who happens to be the general manager for an owner unwilling to spend because they believe they have the answers already on the team and in the minors.  Our only hope is said owner spends money in order to make Tony's job easier and so he can proclaim that Tony was the right choice to be our Manager.  If they signed Marte, and  Semien I would be happy.

31 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Is this your first Rick Hahn press conference? 

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

It’s going to be a long offseason with all this complaining. Lol 

Well at least they will have you to cheerlead whatever crazy front office plans happen. 

Wow trading Eloy for cash seems like a silly move.  But they batted their eyes and I am won over.  Woohoo, world series next year. 

Wow moving the team to Portland seems odd, but JR knows what to do.  At least we can celebrate that world series in Portland next year, woohoo. 

Wow he sold off all of our starting pitching.  I never did trust them.  This new rebuild is going to be much better than the last one.  JR said so.  Woohoo.  World Series team.

14 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think they will make a play at Frazier.  

I had that thought also, and would welcome that as an alternative to Semien.  It actually might be preferable since Semien will take years and lot's of $$$$ and Frazier has 1 year remaining at just under 600,000.

Edited by A-Train to 35th

14 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Well at least they will have you to cheerlead whatever crazy front office plans happen. 

Wow trading Eloy for cash seems like a silly move.  But they batted their eyes and I am won over.  Woohoo, world series next year. 

Wow moving the team to Portland seems odd, but JR knows what to do.  At least we can celebrate that world series in Portland next year, woohoo. 

Wow he sold off all of our starting pitching.  I never did trust them.  This new rebuild is going to be much better than the last one.  JR said so.  Woohoo.  World Series team.

Why are you always so negative with everything? 

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Or they could sign a full time DH (Schwarber) and trade Vaughn for a RF'er. 

I find this plausible (not advocating it, though I enjoy Schwarber), mainly because if the sox are going to spend it just feels like they always love targeting the DH/1b and closer markets. 

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Ya know they could trade for a young cheap player that is a better fit for the team.  

Like who? The Sox are going to need a 1B soon. I kind of like what Vaughn brings to the table. I think those who have issues with him aren't looking at the entire picture. Gets drafted in 2019, no season for him in 2020 and in a pennant race in 2021 where he held his own playing positions he never played. He is going to be a stud.

Edited by Dick Allen