Arizona Fall League

kitekrazy

On 10/20/2021 at 10:21 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He only got a brief taste of AA so we will have to see how he does there next year. That level should be his biggest challenge.

Yolbert Sanchez ,who played very well in AA after his promotion and Romy Gonzalez will perhaps get a shot and both should be in Spring Training .

Between those 3 I think one of them has a chance to be very good player at 2nd base for the Sox. Sanchez is 24 and Romy is already 25 with a lot of power and both with good eyes at the dish. Or we see them traded . The off season and the regular season are a total mystery to me now with the chance of a strike.

Final Stats from the Sox:

The good:

Caleb Freeman 9IP 7H 5BB 1ER 8K 1.00ERA 1.33 WHIP
Yolbert Sanchez 41PA .387/,537/.516 with 10BBs to 2Ks

The Meh:

Jose Rodriguez 60 PA .232/.283/.339 with 4BBs to 7 Ks. Hes the youngest player on the devil dogs so I'm very satisfied with this showing
McKinley Moore 9IP 10 H 5BB 5 ER 9K 1.66 WHIP
J.B. Olson 12IP 15 H 2 BB 9ER 11K (4 Homers hurt his line)

The Ugly:

Yoelkis Cespedes 69 PA .190/261/.238 2BB (+4HPB) 20Ks! Cespedes had only 3 extra-base hits (all doubles). Not ideal

I saw a couple games and here are my thoughts:

Jose Rodriguez Util: I kinda liked this kid. He's a tough out w/a simple quick compact stroke and plus bat to ball skills. He uses the middle of the field and really grinds out his AB's. It's 30 power but at only 20 years old he has time to get a stronger. He has solid avg actions and arm strength. His range is fringy so he may not be an option at SS but he can handle 2B/3B and likely a corner OF spot in a pinch. He's a high floor/low ceiling guy who could be an everyday player on a non-contending team or a solid bench guy on a championship level team. Acquire

Yoelqui Cespedes LF: He has the tools to be a big leaguer but needs to find an approach to even stay in the big leagues let alone to be a productive everyday player. He's not tall but he's strong w/a muscular build. He's an (early) early action player looking to ambush the first pitch he sees. He has solid avg bat to ball skills, plus bat speed and above avg raw but doesn't make nearly enough consistent hard contact. His defensive actions are decent w/fringe avg arm strength. He won't kill you in RF but profiles best in LF. It all depends on if he can develop some plate discipline and work the count in his favor so he can consistently drive the baseball but at 24 years old the clock is ticking. Do not acquire

McKinley Moore RHP: He was ok. 94-95 w/some life thru the zone. Hard curveball has decent shape and bottom. The cutter is hard w/some late break. He threw strikes with all 3 pitches and got swings and misses on the breaking balls. It's a different pitch mix and he could end up as a middle reliever/low leverage guy. Do not acquire

Johan Dominguez RHP: He got knocked around. He's a hard thrower but it's straight w/no deception. The slider flashes plus but is inconsistent and the change is below avg. He has avg control but lives in the middle of the plate. He's got up and down guy written all over him. Do not acquire

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1