ALCS - BoSox / Ashoes

hi8is

Go Braves.

Not going to be a real good look for the MLB when the World Series contenders are one of the caught cheating AL teams and the Dodgers who simply flex their economic might to win. What's the point of fucking competition at this point? If the Sox weren't up and coming, I'd probably drop my interest in this buttcheeks league.

14 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Go Braves.

Not going to be a real good look for the MLB when the World Series contenders are one of the caught cheating AL teams and the Dodgers who simply flex their economic might to win. What's the point of fucking competition at this point? If the Sox weren't up and coming, I'd probably drop my interest in this buttcheeks league.

The Dodgers are actually incredibly well run.  They spend but the vast majority of their players are home grown (Buehler, Urias, Seager, Will Smith, etc) or guys that they got off the scrap heap and did an awesome job developing (Justin Turner and Max Muncy).  The other big names they got through trades by building a strong farm system and yes, that is where money was helpful to bring on Betts and Price salary but the only relatively big free agent in their lineup is Pollock.

• Like 2

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32406076/houston-astros-ace-lance-mccullers-jr-left-alcs-roster-boston-red-sox

Astros ace Lance McCullers Jr. has been left off the team's roster for the American League Championship Series against Boston, a huge blow to a team looking to advance to the World Series for the second time in three seasons.

McCullers was great in a Game 1 win against the Chicago White Sox in the Division Series, pitching scoreless ball into the seventh. But the right-hander left Game 4 after four innings because of forearm tightness.

3 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

The Dodgers are actually incredibly well run.  They spend but the vast majority of their players are home grown (Buehler, Urias, Seager, Will Smith, etc) or guys that they got off the scrap heap and did an awesome job developing (Justin Turner and Max Muncy).  The other big names they got through trades by building a strong farm system and yes, that is where money was helpful to bring on Betts and Price salary but the only relatively big free agent in their lineup is Pollock.

I dont disagree that they are well run, but also their ability to just blow away offers for the best trade candidates because of it is annoying. Mookie Betts, Max Scherzer, Trea Turner... no other team had a chance. 

All 3 of those players could have significantly helped the Sox (RF, 2B, Ace SP). Even if they wanted to trade for them, they would have never had a chance tho because Dodgers.

Edited by South Sider

Just now, chisoxt said:

Lol atluve botched a DP ball and the Astros - I guess you had to hit the ball hard at him 

Yeah I jinxed 'em I think. Still think the Astros are gonna score a lot in this game. Sale won't be in there much longer.

I had forgotten that crazy betting mattress guy was an Astros fan til I saw a tweet about him.

I'll be broken hearted if he loses that supposed $20 million he has on them to win the World Series.

Edited by wegner
Screw him too

I think the Dodgers are the only team who can beat them at this point. I don't think the Red Sox or the Braves (although I think the Braves can give them a run too) can take out the Astros in a 7 game series even without McCullers. I hope either of those teams prove me wrong tbough.

Edited by SoxAce

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I had forgotten that crazy betting mattress guy was an Astros fan til I saw a tweet about him.

I'll be broken hearted if he loses that supposed $20 million he has on them to win the World Series.

Idgaf man, play stupid games win stupid prizes, they are not winning the WS.

4 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Only these Sox can actually put up runs really fast. 

Pretty much just Kike Hernandez, aka First Name Last Name on Fox.

Smart teams pick up guys like him, 29. 4.9 bWAR. True gamer. Sox too worried about platoon splits, so they went with Adam Eaton, who was near universally scorned at the time of the acquisition for lack of both health and production the past four seasons, for more $ this season. 

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Pretty much just Kike Hernandez, aka First Name Last Name on Fox.

Smart teams pick up guys like him, 29. 4.9 bWAR. True gamer. Sox too worried about platoon splits, so they went with Adam Eaton, who was near universally scorned at the time of the acquisition for lack of both health and production the past four seasons, for more $ this season. 

We have a bunch of players who at best can play one position. Dodgers have Taylor, Muncy, Bellinger, Seager, Turner...had Kike as well.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32409208/2021-mlb-playoffs-enrique-hernandez-impressive-performance-drew-praise-houston-astros-manager-dusty-baker

Edited by caulfield12