ALCS - BoSox / Ashoes

hi8is

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Maybe, just maybe, the Astros were t that good and the White Sox had a different issue?

Maybe, just maybe playing against them without their best two starting pitchers would have been a big difference?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Surprised at the overreaction on here about what Boston going up 2-1 in the series means for the WSox, in relation to their performance.  McCullers was the difference maker in the series and facing him twice in four games was a bad break.

Yea, it’s baffling that some people can’t seem to understand that. 😆

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Surprised at the overreaction on here about what Boston going up 2-1 in the series means for the WSox, in relation to their performance.  McCullers was the difference maker in the series and facing him twice in four games was a bad break.

Absolutely. And that turd they threw tonight would've been the starter in Game 4 in Chicago, without the rainout.  

So this thing would've gone 5 games, with (you guessed it) Lance McCullers starting Game 5 and having to save Houston's bacon. I think we'd look at our series a lot differently under that circumstance.

• Like 2

You guys are conveniently forgetting that the Astros lineup looked like Murderers' Row against our pitchers in every game except for game 3. The Astros lineup so far look pretty pedestrian vs Boston pitching compared to how they looked against us. 

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

You guys are conveniently forgetting that the Astros lineup looked like Murderers' Row against our pitchers in every game except for game 3. The Astros lineup so far look pretty pedestrian vs Boston pitching compared to how they looked against us. 

Lot easier to have focused, tough at bats in a close game instead of being down 6-0 or 8-0 early in games 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Makes me want the Sox to go after Chris Taylor

Oh, no!!!  That would DEFINITELY be the end of Leury.

Coming off a hot playoffs after cooling at the end of the year, it will be interesting to see what he (Taylor) gets...should obviously be more than 1 year and $8.3 million, something like 2 years and roughly $20-24 million.

That said, he's one full year older than Kike Rodriguez.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I don’t believe the current Sox team would have beaten any of the four AL playoff teams.

My disappointment is toward the free agents targeted and signed the past two seasons, versus high upside guys like Schwarber, instead settling for rubbish like Parrot and Eaton.

It wouldn't have been AS EASY to get Schwarber from the Cubs two years ago...but I guess we'll never know if 1) the Sox inquired, or 2) what the price for either Bryant or Schwarber would have been.

Would have been an easy and quick solve for our LH/RH imbalance.

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

It wouldn't have been AS EASY to get Schwarber from the Cubs two years ago...but I guess we'll never know if 1) the Sox inquired, or 2) what the price for either Bryant or Schwarber would have been.

Would have been an easy and quick solve for our LH/RH imbalance.

I’m talking this off-season as a free agent signing. Washington signed him for $10M. Wanted Schwarber in LF, Eloy at DH, Springer in RF. Both were reasonable deals.

13 hours ago, fathom said:

That's certainly an interesting way of looking at it. 

Not having to face McCullers at all in a series is definitely catching a break. 

But having to face the ace of a staff twice in a series is not a bad break. I believe that's just called the playoffs. 

• Like 1