ALCS - BoSox / Ashoes

hi8is

I don't understand why the Dodgers aren't home field through the NLCS, but gain home field for the World Series. Either wild card teams should never get home field unless playing another wild card team, or they should go by best record throughout the playoffs.

I know most wanted Houston to lose, and I'm not their biggest fan, but still like them over Boston (and their fan base + ESPN), and would be happy for Dusty Baker if he won a World Series, in possibly his final season. Hoping Atlanta advances to eliminate the other wild card team, don't like the existence of wild cards, especially in likely the final season where only 1 wild card is alive heading into the Division Series.

Alex Cora handled the postgame press conference with class.

1 hour ago, soulfly said:

Think you are going to hear more chatter about the Red Sox and their fans thinking something was amiss with the Astros batting, yet again, especially late in the game.  Tucker lays off a perfect breaking pitch right there and doesn't swing over it, but annihilates the next pitch fastball that he was just sitting on.

I can guarantee you Tepera wouldn't have said anything unless he and others on the team had an idea something was up.  Don't forget it was it was Farquhar that noticed it a few years ago and brought it to light.

Everyone laughed at me when I talked about it during our series and just wanted to blame the Sox for being bad.

None of our starters  except Giolito who were stellar all year could go 3 innings without getting destroyed and the Astros had the best plate discipline I think I have ever seen from an MLB team. They had our starters by the balls by the 3rd inning. They're still cheating and fuck them and fuck the MLB until this is fixed. Why would you stop cheating when only your bosses got in trouble and there was no demonstrable player punishment? Lol

Edited by South Sider

8 hours ago, South Sider said:

Everyone laughed at me when I talked about it during our series and just wanted to blame the Sox for being bad.

None of our starters  except Giolito who were stellar all year could go 3 innings without getting destroyed and the Astros had the best plate discipline I think I have ever seen from an MLB team. They had our starters by the balls by the 3rd inning. They're still cheating and fuck them and fuck the MLB until this is fixed. Why would you stop cheating when only your bosses got in trouble and there was no demonstrable player punishment? Lol

Unless a former player of this current Astros team says something in a couple years we may unfortunately never find out for sure.

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I don't understand why the Dodgers aren't home field through the NLCS, but gain home field for the World Series. Either wild card teams should never get home field unless playing another wild card team, or they should go by best record throughout the playoffs.

I know most wanted Houston to lose, and I'm not their biggest fan, but still like them over Boston (and their fan base + ESPN), and would be happy for Dusty Baker if he won a World Series, in possibly his final season. Hoping Atlanta advances to eliminate the other wild card team, don't like the existence of wild cards, especially in likely the final season where only 1 wild card is alive heading into the Division Series.

Alex Cora handled the postgame press conference with class.

Honestly, I still remember Dusty using his kid to distract and avoid getting tough questions from the press when he was on the North Side, so I really don't care if he wins......plus Fuck the Astros.

7 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Maybe I’m just used to watching our guys lunge at breaking balls in obvious breaking ball situations, but the ‘Stros do seem to have an remarkable ability to lay off perfect breaking pitches and crush every fastball.

Astros were 5th in MLB in lowest chase rate. Sox were 22nd. Next worse playoff team was Braves at 17th.

11 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Maybe I’m just used to watching our guys lunge at breaking balls in obvious breaking ball situations, but the ‘Stros do seem to have an remarkable ability to lay off perfect breaking pitches and crush every fastball.

They hit at a ridiculous average with men on and 2 outs, not just a bit better but like an all time high for the postseason, I'm calling bullshit, they should not get the benefit of the doubt if something seems fishy.

2 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

They hit at a ridiculous average with men on and 2 outs, not just a bit better but like an all time high for the postseason, I'm calling bullshit, they should not get the benefit of the doubt if something seems fishy.

Exactly.  They are still doing it, just more selectively.  They learned that there was no accountability for the players themself when they did it last time.  So why wouldn't they do it again?  Also pretty amazing that a bunch of the guys on the team had worse years at the plate last year compared to the previous year and this season.  AMAZING, truly amazing I tell you.  These are guys that were decently good at baseball, but just over the top when they cheated.  It's obvious and it's fucking pathetic that none of those cucks were actually suspended for it.

1 hour ago, soulfly said:

Exactly.  They are still doing it, just more selectively.  They learned that there was no accountability for the players themself when they did it last time.  So why wouldn't they do it again?  Also pretty amazing that a bunch of the guys on the team had worse years at the plate last year compared to the previous year and this season.  AMAZING, truly amazing I tell you.  These are guys that were decently good at baseball, but just over the top when they cheated.  It's obvious and it's fucking pathetic that none of those cucks were actually suspended for it.

Yet they still advanced in the postseason despite a quite pedestrian 60 game stretch of play.

22 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yet they still advanced in the postseason despite a quite pedestrian 60 game stretch of play.

Like I said, they are good players.  The sad thing is, they don't need to cheat.  That's honestly the most fucked up part about it.  It's not like they were a team consisting of guys like Keenyn Walker or Courtney Hawkins.

8 hours ago, soulfly said:

Like I said, they are good players…It's not like they were a team consisting of guys like Keenyn Walker or Courtney Hawkins.

These two were just minding their own business, then they get a Google alert this morning that they were mentioned on Soxtalk….

Edited by Middle Buffalo