Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hi8is

ALCS - BoSox / Ashoes

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

Red Sox dunking on the Astros 

Good, I hate the Asstros with a passion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Red Sox do win this series, we're probably sitting at 5th/6th in the American League as the team is currently constituted...assuming Rodon is gone.

1) Red Sox

2) Astros (lose Correa but get back Verlander, who knows what he'll have left in the tank, but never to be underestimated)

3) Rays

4) Yankees

5) Blue Jays/White Sox

7) Mariners/Angels

9) Tigers

 

Guess it remains to be seen what happens with both Ray and Semien, Toronto's looking at a step back and obviously the margin of error in that AL East is so so thin with four really strong teams bunched together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Kike's world. We are just living in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Boy these Astros suddenly don't look unbeatable

Yep, our Sox got exposed in the playoffs pretty much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston sux!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Yep, our Sox got exposed in the playoffs pretty much. 

And their missing their ace. I believe we beat them if they didn’t have McCullers.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, hi8is said:

And their missing their ace. I believe we beat them if they didn’t have McCullers.

Their Ace was Verlander, until injury cost him and the Astros the entire season. They were also missing Zach Greinke, their number 3 behind Verlander and McCuller, and they were also without him in the playoffs beyond a couple of relief innings.

Heading into 2022, both Verlander and Greinke are FAs. Astros have more flexibility than the White Sox ($92M vs. $109M) heading into this off-season, and an owner willing to consistently finish in the Top 9 of baseball in payroll.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

If the Red Sox do win this series, we're probably sitting at 5th/6th in the American League as the team is currently constituted...assuming Rodon is gone.

1) Red Sox

2) Astros (lose Correa but get back Verlander, who knows what he'll have left in the tank, but never to be underestimated)

3) Rays

4) Yankees

5) Blue Jays/White Sox

7) Mariners/Angels

9) Tigers

 

Guess it remains to be seen what happens with both Ray and Semien, Toronto's looking at a step back and obviously the margin of error in that AL East is so so thin with four really strong teams bunched together.

Yea I'm sure absolutely no changes will happen and everything will remain static 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Yep, our Sox got exposed in the playoffs pretty much. 

They just teed off on the same guy the White Sox teed off on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It wont bother me if Houston wins.  It feels better getting beat by a team going to the World Series.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Their Ace was Verlander, until injury cost him and the Astros the entire season. They were also missing Zach Greinke, their number 3 behind Verlander and McCuller, and they were also without him in the playoffs beyond a couple of relief innings.

Heading into 2022, both Verlander and Greinke are FAs. Astros have more flexibility than the White Sox ($92M vs. $109M) heading into this off-season, and an owner willing to consistently finish in the Top 9 of baseball in payroll.

Seems irrelevant to the fact that they’re a much lesser team this post season without McCullers… and our outlook against them without him is far different than what transpired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

 It wont bother me if Houston wins.  It feels better getting beat by a team going to the World Series.

I like Dusty.  I want him to win a World Series.  I think he's just a great character in the game and someone I've enjoyed following over the years.  And the reasons his teams have lost have been unfairly blamed on him.  The Marlins were a better team than the Cubs in 03.  They won the World Series that year.  And Baker was stuck with a crap bullpen and didn't have many options to turn to.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2021 at 7:20 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Yea I'm sure absolutely no changes will happen and everything will remain static 

Right.  The quickest and most time-tested path to being wrong in sports is treating one season's postseason results as both definitive judgments on team quality, and perfectly predictive of the next season's team hierarchy.  Yet sports conventional wisdom is built on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grand slam Schwarber. 6-0 Bosox, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BoSox making the Asstros look like crap the last 2 games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it would have been better if Urquidy started game 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marqhead said:

Maybe it would have been better if Urquidy started game 4. 

Still had to face McCullers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pettie4sox said:

Still had to face McCullers.

1 more day of hope 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now the Astros can't throw out Hunter freakin' Renfroe trying to steal. Team is collapsing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×