Nitengale: La Russa "definitely" returning to the Sox

Buehrle>Wood

I like Tony a lot. I just hope next year he takes command more. I think because of all the injuries he figured he was getting about all he could out of this team. He might be right.

Cmon Tony. Be a leader next year. Tell the front office to hell with analytics and get a contact hitting second baseman to go with all the big bats in the lineup. And a defensive minded catcher. Also the hell with analytics and get your fricking starting pitchers to extend to seven innings. The White Sox will never have a bullpen reliably capable of covering part of the 5th, into the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th.ย 

This year was freaky because of all the injuries. Somebody needs to grill Hahn at Soxfest about getting better trainers in town. This is absurd that the Sox are not at the TOP of the medical field if they are not. QUIT GETTING HURT!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I like Tony a lot. I just hope next year he takes command more. I think because of all the injuries he figured he was getting about all he could out of this team. He might be right.

Cmon Tony. Be a leader next year. Tell the front office to hell with analytics and get a contact hitting second baseman to go with all the big bats in the lineup. And a defensive minded catcher. Also the hell with analytics and get your fricking starting pitchers to extend to seven innings. The White Sox will never have a bullpen reliably capable of covering part of the 5th, into the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th.ย 

This year was freaky because of all the injuries. Somebody needs to grill Hahn at Soxfest about getting better trainers in town. This is absurd that the Sox are not at the TOP of the medical field if they are not. QUIT GETTING HURT!

Yes, let's do the opposite of what all the successful teams do. Great idea.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Reinsdorf?ย  Yea sadly

Eloy and Robert could be true stars next season to go with Tim and Moncada. Those are four bonafide stars potentially if healthy. I mean sizzling ALL SEASON.

Jose also might have another MVPish season left in him. At the worst same type season as this year. Vaughn and/or Sheets could really be good. Not as optimistic for ANY of the pitchers though, which is a problem. Maybe Cease and Kopech and Gio.

The stars need to shine. And Tony must do a better job.

Edited by greg775

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Amen brother. Look, Ned Yost won a championship with the royals. He's a clown of a manager. It comes down to TALENT. The Sox don't beat the Astros no matter who the manager is. The players completely shit the bed.ย  Hahn needs to upgrade the talent on the team.ย 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

ย And Tony must do a better job.

He can't do a better job Greg. He can barely get himself to the park sober.

Reinsdorf doesn't care because all the suckers bought 2022 season packages so they could go to the first home playoff game in 13 years.

I'll watch on TV and root for the players to succeed, but that motherfucker of an owner isn't getting a dime of my money in tickets or parking until Tony is gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Reinsdorf doesn't care because all the suckers bought 2022 season packages so they could go to the first home playoff game in 13 years.

I'll watch on TV and root for the players to succeed, but that motherfucker of an owner isn't getting a dime of my money in tickets or parking until Tony is gone.

They only bought those season packages with the understanding that Tony would be managing the team.

• Haha 1

Just now, Green Line said:

Why is it that when the Sox try to do analytics, it doesnt work? ย We need talent, not computers.

Because like most things the White Sox do from an organizational standpoint, they do it poorly. Because their owner is a stupid fuck.

Dodgers, Astros, Braves are #1, #3, and #4 in shift rates in the MLB. This is not a coincidence.ย 

You dinosaurs really do blow my mind. Stick to your guns regardless of how wrong you are, or how detrimental your position is towards success.ย 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Brave.

A lot of fans would have started Vaughn instead of Leury in Game 3, and the Sox would have been swept.

Astros have been dominant under different managers.

10 - 1 loss is not the Manager's fault.

I do not want Hahn OR LaRussa to return, but scapegoating on them does not seem to be impressing the people that matter.

Cubs won once in 100+ years. What about their organization and Manager? Where are they at now?

When is the last WS that the Rays won?

Look, the Sox lost to a better team, primarily because of their pitching staff. Sox got taught. It is what it is.

OK, let's hear a few more LaRussa drinking jokes if that makes you feel better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tray said:

A lot of fans would have started Vaughn instead of Leury in Game 3, and the Sox would have been swept.

Astros have been dominant under different managers.

10 - 1 loss is not the Manager's fault.

I do not want Hahn OR LaRussa to return, but scapegoating on them does not seem to be impressing the people that matter.

Cubs won once in 100+ years. What about their organization and Manager? Where are they at now?

When is the last WS that the Rays won?

Look, the Sox lost to a better team, primarily because of their pitching staff. Sox got taught. It is what it is.

OK, let's hear a few more LaRussa drinking jokes if that makes you feel better.

ย 

I mean, have you ever listened to the guy speak?? Have you seen the videos of his DUI arrest? He's a drunken old man, who likely suffers from alcohol induced dementia. Sorry if the truth bothers you. People making up La Russa drinking jokes is on nobody but TLR. Do you realize how poor your judgement has to be, to drive so drunk, that you FALL ASLEEP at the wheel? He's lucky he didn't kill someone. The fact that it wasn't the first time makes it even worse. That poor judgement is also reflected in his managing. He fucking sucks.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

ย 

I mean, have you ever listened to the guy speak?? Have you seen the videos of his DUI arrest? He's a drunken old man, who likely suffers from alcohol induced dementia. Sorry if the truth bothers you. People making up LaRussa drinking jokes is on nobody but TLR. Do you realize how poor your judgement has to be, to drive so drunk, that you FALL ASLEEP at the wheel? He's lucky he didn't kill someone. The fact that it wasn't the first time makes it even worse.

Preachย 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

damn it.ย  I was hoping for that .5% chance he'd step down.

This is bad news. ย Shouldnโ€™t the fans have a say on TLRย staying?. ย We are an important stakeholders. I am afraid we are going nowhere with TLR at the helm. ย I had suggested on an earlier. Post to name him manager emeritus a non executive advisory position. Then name a good bench coach to manage the game. Tony can sit/nap inย the dogout and make suggestions, but no on field decisions.

• Fire 1

Oh, and just so I haveย this straight. White Sox fansย should have higher standards when it comes to talent and on-field performance, but should be perfectly happy with the drunken asshole they hired to manage that talent? Even when his bad decisions are on full display for everyone to critique? Got it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Club respected him and played loose. One of the things I respected about Tony was his matter-of-fact nature and honesty. Never was too high or low emotionally, which is needed during the marathon that is baseball. We just lost, mostly because our starting pitching completely shit the bed. Tony doesn't have a magic wand unfortunately.

What, in your opinion, could Tony have done differently that would have made us beat the Astros? I have some gripes about Game 2 but even with perfect managing we still probably lose that game. Games 1 and 4 were ass whoopings. Game 3 he managed the pen perfectly.

EDIT: I would also like to add that I think many Tony "supporters" like myself, don't necessarily think Tony is some amazing gift from God manager. We just think the negativity of him is so out of control that we just tend to defend him because he's not as bad as he's made out to be.ย  He was obviously a great manager in his time, which may be past him, but it's not like he's so mentally out of it that he can't competently manage a baseball team. We literally have a President of the US who is older than him and I think that job is a little tougher than managing baseball.

Very well said, and I agree but you're not going to change anyone's mind who thinks otherwise.ย  ย The haters think they know more than the players who came out in support of Tony.ย ย 

• Like 1