Nitengale: La Russa "definitely" returning to the Sox

Buehrle>Wood

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Oh, and just so I have this straight. White Sox fans should have higher standards when it comes to talent and on-field performance, but should be perfectly happy with the drunken asshole they hired to manage that talent? Even when his bad decisions are on full display for everyone to critique? Got it.

Right on. TLR is an embarrassment of a manager. He was exposed to the nation during the playoffs.  We already knew with all his terrible decisions during the season.    His HOF career was done several years back.  His brand is in big decline.   The fans and the Sox talent deserve a better manager that can get us to the top. 

10 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I mean, have you ever listened to the guy speak?? Have you seen the videos of his DUI arrest? He's a drunken old man, who likely suffers from alcohol induced dementia. Sorry if the truth bothers you. People making up La Russa drinking jokes is on nobody but TLR. Do you realize how poor your judgement has to be, to drive so drunk, that you FALL ASLEEP at the wheel? He's lucky he didn't kill someone. The fact that it wasn't the first time makes it even worse. That poor judgement is also reflected in his managing. He fucking sucks.

For someone who is calling people meatheads for not believing in analytics, you sure dont care about facts:

La Russa was arrested after a witness saw him swerving on the road and called police. He reportedly had a 0.095 blood alcohol concentration, above the legal limit of 0.08.

Hate to break it to you but that is well below the "enhanced penalty level" in Arizona.  Yeah its a per se dui, but for most of the "dinosaurs" life, that level was legal. Prior to 2000 the majority of states did not consider below .10 as a DUI.

But lets talk about meathead analytics. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

The Sox organization seems to take a perverse pride in shooting themselves in the foot regarding anything resembling modern baseball play.
Spray charts? Who needs 'em? Analysis of pitchers vs hitters? Bwahhhaaa! These funny numbers teams play in the game these days don't matter worth a damn. The outfits that are going with these new fangled ways are just fooling themselves. Nevermind that they're advancing in the playoffs and we're not. Hey! In making the playoffs at all - we're proving that we're ---- (wait for it), ------- better than most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

For someone who is calling people meatheads for not believing in analytics, you sure dont care about facts:

Hate to break it to you but that is well below the "enhanced penalty level" in Arizona.  Yeah its a per se dui, but for most of the "dinosaurs" life, that level was legal. Prior to 2000 the majority of states did not consider below .10 as a DUI.

That old man shouldn’t be driving period, let alone “buzzed”, by your standards. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I bet if you asked at the same point last year, Rick Renteria would have been in the same boat.

you are correct and BTW Dick Allen is still my favorite White Sox player.  here's some comments after last years firing.

“Ricky was a great manager,” AL MVP Jose Abreu said. “He was a great person. He helped me a lot. I was honored to be part of a team that he managed.”

Renteria rarely, if ever, called players out in the media or used media to motivate players. If a message needed to be delivered, it came from the manager’s mouth, or one of his staff.

“For me, Ricky was a great man on and off the field,” 23-year-old left fielder Eloy Jimenez said. “He helped me a lot. On the field, he gave me the confidence to go out and play, he helped me every single day. I’m going to miss him, but business is business.”

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I like Tony a lot. I just hope next year he takes command more. I think because of all the injuries he figured he was getting about all he could out of this team. He might be right.

Cmon Tony. Be a leader next year. Tell the front office to hell with analytics and get a contact hitting second baseman to go with all the big bats in the lineup. And a defensive minded catcher. Also the hell with analytics and get your fricking starting pitchers to extend to seven innings. The White Sox will never have a bullpen reliably capable of covering part of the 5th, into the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th. 

This year was freaky because of all the injuries. Somebody needs to grill Hahn at Soxfest about getting better trainers in town. This is absurd that the Sox are not at the TOP of the medical field if they are not. QUIT GETTING HURT!

We already had a good contact hitting 2B in Madrigal foolishly traded away.  WHat analytics are you referring to? Certainly not those in reference to shifting.

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

That old man shouldn’t be driving period, let alone “buzzed”, by your standards. 

They arent my standards, those are the laws. While I think driving drunk is extremely stupid in todays society especially for someone who has the means to pay for uber, I also am not going sit in here and act like I have never done something stupid either. 

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

you are correct and BTW Dick Allen is still my favorite White Sox player.  here's some comments after last years firing.

“Ricky was a great manager,” AL MVP Jose Abreu said. “He was a great person. He helped me a lot. I was honored to be part of a team that he managed.”

Renteria rarely, if ever, called players out in the media or used media to motivate players. If a message needed to be delivered, it came from the manager’s mouth, or one of his staff.

“For me, Ricky was a great man on and off the field,” 23-year-old left fielder Eloy Jimenez said. “He helped me a lot. On the field, he gave me the confidence to go out and play, he helped me every single day. I’m going to miss him, but business is business.”

Rentería was a plus with our Latino stars.

6 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

He has had multiple DUI arrests, you realize? I also don't give a shit what your BAC is if you fall asleep at the wheel. Or hit a curb. You quite obviously shouldn't be driving. Some people can handle their booze better than others, and TLR quite obviously cannot handle his booze. Watch the fucking video. He's obviously severely impaired. He can barely talk. Then again, he can barely talk when speaking to the press, when, I assume, he's sober?

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

He has had multiple DUI arrests, you realize? I also don't give a shit what your BAC is if you fall asleep at the wheel. Or hit a curb. You quite obviously shouldn't be driving. Some people can handle their booze better than others, and TLR quite obviously cannot handle his booze. Watch the fucking video. He's obviously severely impaired.

So when it comes to drunk driving you listen to your gut not science? Tell me more about meathead takes...

LaRussa possibly suffers from alcoholism, which is categorized as a disease. Maybe you believe that, maybe you dont. But a lot of people severely suffer from addiction and I am not someone who is going to repeatedly kick people for their problems. 

• Haha 1

So when it comes to drunk driving you listen to your gut not science? Tell me more about meathead takes...

LaRussa possibly suffers from alcoholism, which is categorized as a disease. Maybe you believe that, maybe you dont. But a lot of people severely suffer from addiction and I am not someone who is going to repeatedly kick people for their problems. 

Being an alcoholic doesn't excuse drunk driving.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

What the fuck are you even talking about? You posted the facts and the BAC level yourself. He was over the legal limit. Period(twice). He fell asleep at the wheel the first time. He hit a curb the second time. Those are the facts. You're the one arguing that "it wasn't that bad" based on his BAC. Obviously the police thought it was, or they wouldn't have arrested the fucking guy.

I'm well aware of alcoholism and have first hand experience with it. Maybe if he suffers from alcoholism, he should be in a fucking rehab program, getting help, and not managing a professional baseball team??

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=2807935

Tlr fell asleep at the wheel for his first dui. It appears you struggle with facts.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I know I did. There's a large faction of LaRusstans that love him @IWokeUpLikeThis

Could you list the most positive contributions of TLR this season, and what were his blunders that need to be corrected.  In your view what is his overall performance.  In my view he had more blunders than positive contributions.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=2807935

Tlr fell asleep at the wheel for his first dui. It appears you struggle with facts.

Florida is in Arizona? Tell me more about these facts. Not to mention the statement was he must have been "really drunk", statistically .093 is not "really drunk." Just ironic that people who yell at others about analytics and stats, conveniently ignore stats when it goes against their "guts."

“I know I don't have a drinking problem, just like I know I made a serious mistake in February,” La Russa said on a conference call with reporters, “and where I am right now is to prove that I don't have a drinking problem and to prove it every day off the field that I'm going to handle it and what's painfully clear to me is if I have a drink I will not drive. There's always an alternative.”

This is the same guy who said in 2007 after his arrest that he took full responsibility and "it would never happen again". Maybe he has a drinking problem, maybe he doesn't. What's 100% clear is he's a stubborn asshole who, at the very least, suffers from a chronic case of extremely poor judgement. Then again, anyone who has watched him manage recently could tell you that.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Fire 1

51 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Because like most things the White Sox do from an organizational standpoint, they do it poorly. Because their owner is a stupid fuck.

Dodgers, Astros, Braves are #1, #3, and #4 in shift rates in the MLB. This is not a coincidence. 

You dinosaurs really do blow my mind. Stick to your guns regardless of how wrong you are, or how detrimental your position is towards success. 

52 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Because like most things the White Sox do from an organizational standpoint, they do it poorly. Because their owner is a stupid fuck.

Dodgers, Astros, Braves are #1, #3, and #4 in shift rates in the MLB. This is not a coincidence. 

You dinosaurs really do blow my mind. Stick to your guns regardless of how wrong you are, or how detrimental your position is towards success. 

Right on.  Instead of good analytics we are the Kings of the Unwritten Rules with. 20th century game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Florida is in Arizona? Tell me more about these facts. Not to mention the statement was he must have been "really drunk", statistically .093 is not "really drunk." Just ironic that people who yell at others about analytics and stats, conveniently ignore stats when it goes against their "guts."

You do realize that BAC has nothing to do with analytics or statistics, right?

But, here's a statistic for you. Tony La Russa has been arrested twice for DUI. In 100% of those instances, he was over the legal limit. In 100% of those instances, he was displaying driving behavior that would lead one to believe he was driving drunk. In 100% of those instances, the police arrested him for it. In 100% of those instances, he was guilty.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

Do you even remember what you typed 10 minutes ago?

You highlighted and bolded the following in the post you responded to:

Do you realize how poor your judgement has to be, to drive so drunk, that you FALL ASLEEP at the wheel

you then went on some diatribe about legal limits in Arizona and told the poster he didn't know what he was talking about and didn't understand science. What the poster said was 100% accurate. Tony la russa was so drunk he passed out at the wheel. He wasn't wrong and your post was nonsense. Thanks.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

And since you brought up this RIDICULOUS discussion regarding BAC, here's some science for you:

Blood Alcohol Concentration // Rev. James E. McDonald, C.S.C., Center for Student Well-Being // University of Notre Dame (nd.edu)

Neither BAC, nor the number of drinks consumed, are necessarily accurate indicators of the level of impairment. Tolerance to alcohol also varies from one person to another, and can be affected by such factors as genetics, adaptation to chronic alcohol use, and synergistic effects of drugs.