Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dominikk85

What to do with the abreu/vaughn/sheets/burger logjam in 2022?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, tray said:

Stone had a thing about criticizing Eloy all season..even mocking him. That really got old for me after a while. Stone's pronunciation of  Eloy's name, accenting the second syllable, just seemed like it revealed part of his bias against that player. Whatever his reasons, I don't care.  Everyone has their own opinion of players. Stone's bias is just more apparent and potentially controversial since he is on air for so many games.

Anyway, If you care to buy everything Stone is trying to sell you (go ahead!) , Vaughn is the next Mike Trout and Moncada is a lazy bum. I am sensing a pattern with Stone's opinions about players.

Oh, stop right there, cowboy.  You’re crossing a line with this racism insinuation.  There is no “bias” or “pattern” whatsoever that surfaces during his broadcasts or his appearances on the Score.  None at all.  

And this isn’t a matter of opinion.  There are zero actual quotes you can point to that can even remotely support what you are insinuating.  He never made that comparison of Vaughn to Trout nor has he ever said anything of the sort about Moncada.  So please cease and desist with this line of divisive commentary.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, tray said:

Stone had a thing about criticizing Eloy all season..even mocking him. That really got old for me after a while. Stone's pronunciation of  Eloy's name, accenting the second syllable, just seemed like it revealed part of his bias against that player. Whatever his reasons, I don't care.  Everyone has their own opinion of players. Stone's bias is just more apparent and potentially controversial since he is on air for so many games.

Anyway, If you care to buy everything Stone is trying to sell you (go ahead!) , Vaughn is the next Mike Trout and Moncada is a lazy bum. I am sensing a pattern with Stone's opinions about players.

Wut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 10:53 AM, ron883 said:

Eloy needs to hit the cut off man. 

Hard to do while rolling in the left field protective netting 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tray said:

Stone had a thing about criticizing Eloy all season..even mocking him. That really got old for me after a while. Stone's pronunciation of  Eloy's name, accenting the second syllable, just seemed like it revealed part of his bias against that player. Whatever his reasons, I don't care.  Everyone has their own opinion of players. Stone's bias is just more apparent and potentially controversial since he is on air for so many games.

Anyway, If you care to buy everything Stone is trying to sell you (go ahead!) , Vaughn is the next Mike Trout and Moncada is a lazy bum. I am sensing a pattern with Stone's opinions about players.

Isn't that how it's pronounced? eh-LOY?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2021 at 4:19 PM, 35thstreetswarm said:

I think we need to pump the brakes on Sheets around here.  It’s a good thing Mercedes didn’t have his good two weeks in September/October or we might be penciling him in to next year’s lineup.

Nobody except Tim really hits for average any more. Sheets did fine in terms of new baseball. Uppercutting home runs and striking out. He looks like he's going to be very good. He had a great junior season in college and was a second round pick. He turns 26 in April so it's pretty much now or never for Sheets in terms of today's productive years before being dismissed as aging. He's got 5 seasons of raking ahead and the clock starts now on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tray said:

Stone had a thing about criticizing Eloy all season..even mocking him. That really got old for me after a while. Stone's pronunciation of  Eloy's name, accenting the second syllable, just seemed like it revealed part of his bias against that player. Whatever his reasons, I don't care.  Everyone has their own opinion of players. Stone's bias is just more apparent and potentially controversial since he is on air for so many games.

Anyway, If you care to buy everything Stone is trying to sell you (go ahead!) , Vaughn is the next Mike Trout and Moncada is a lazy bum. I am sensing a pattern with Stone's opinions about players.

No. No. No. No. No. Cmon now. You can't go implying Steve Stone has a 'pattern' going on. He's a baseball guy who is paid to assess skills, effort, etc. Give specific examples or apologize to Stone.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, Dick Allen said:

He made one of the most miraculous comebacks ever, not just to play, but to play in the major leagues. And he held his own, enough where I can't imagine most teams wouldn't think he didn't have a productive future. Your post is vile. It shows you aren't a White Dox fan, just someone who wants to complain about something.  It also shows what an incredibly small person you are.

No, I'm not a "White Dox" fan, but I am a White SOX fan.

While we're all proud of the cup of coffee Burger had at this level, the back of his baseball card still showed that he got injured. Again this year. Just the same as the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. Yet, he's somehow a key piece of the future? And the fact that Burger can't stay healthy makes me a "small person?" How does that work?

 

While he had his "one season" that he bothered to take care of his body enough to play, what's the overall trend with this player? Also, looking at his fielding, is 10 errors in 65 AAA games "good" in your world? [source]

 

Sorry, but while Burger's 2021 story is a nice one, do you or anyone else here have confidence that he can repeat this, and consistently be a part of a team's future? I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a big fan of Stone, especially Twitter Stone.  I think his constant whining about Moncada is ridiculous.  But I haven't detected racism in his criticism of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

No, I'm not a "White Dox" fan, but I am a White SOX fan.

While we're all proud of the cup of coffee Burger had at this level, the back of his baseball card still showed that he got injured. Again this year. Just the same as the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. Yet, he's somehow a key piece of the future? And the fact that Burger can't stay healthy makes me a "small person?" How does that work?

 

While he had his "one season" that he bothered to take care of his body enough to play, what's the overall trend with this player? Also, looking at his fielding, is 10 errors in 65 AAA games "good" in your world? [source]

 

Sorry, but while Burger's 2021 story is a nice one, do you or anyone else here have confidence that he can repeat this, and consistently be a part of a team's future? I don't.

No better way to rehabilitate yourself from an accusation of posting like a "small person" than to lead with an all-caps typo correction.  

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

No better way to rehabilitate yourself from an accusation of posting like a "small person" than to lead with an all-caps typo correction.  

Indeed. Exactly what did I post that was factually untrue about Burger? In what way was anything I posted unfair to him?

Has he been injured every year? Is his defense suspect? And, are we also happy/proud that he made it back to play this year?

 

More than one thing can be true at the same time, and yes, I'm having a little fun with Dick Allen, who wants to accuse me of being something that I'm not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snopek said:

Isn't that how it's pronounced? eh-LOY?

Yep. He is also upset Stone and others here recognize Eloy as a Dominican, not Cuban.

 

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Thad Bosley said:

Why?  If what he says is true about him never hitting the cutoff man, that’s a very important observation.  Why would/should the analyst paid to analyze not include that in his analysis if that’s what he believes?

Eloy, used to hit the cutoff man. Then. he threw out at home in KC after coming off the IL. Now he seems to regularly fly the cutoff man. Seems an easy fix to me.

Eloy hit the the cutoff man or I'm going to go all Tom Hanks (Jimmy Dugan) on you - Tony LaRussa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×