NLCS Dodgers/Braves

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

5 hours ago, oldsox said:

Why did Braves skipper not put in a lefty to face Bellinger?  Don't get it.  Two were on, one out, game on the line, leave him in... Boom.

They already used both of their left-handed relievers in Matzek and Minter. 

34 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Roberts pitching decisions in this series have been mind blowingly awful.

He constantly makes head scratching decisions imo...I've never found him to be a good game day manager watching him at playoff time.  He manages a team with great talent and a seemingly limitless payroll.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Actually, now that I googled their pre-Atlanta numbers, if we had acquired any of these dudes at the deadline, SoxTalk would have been on suicide watch (except maybe Joc because of our year's long desire for him). But major league scouting should be able to look past that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

Actually, now that I googled their pre-Atlanta numbers, if we had acquired any of these dudes at the deadline, SoxTalk would have been on suicide watch (except maybe Joc because of our year's long desire for him). But major league scouting should be able to look past that.

And our major league scouts missed major league problems with the guys we paid a lot more for.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Quin said:

As long as the Sox gave up similar prospects or players, I don’t concur there would be similar outrage. All had/have much higher upsides than OFers such as Goodwin or Lamb they were carrying at the time.

Dodgers going with an opener (Joe Kelly) tonight. Thought the Dodgers had the momentum after their Game 3 comeback, but were silenced yesterday. Braves have been on a pitching roll, and have Fried on the bump tonight. Should be a great game.

52 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Will MLB allow the World Series to be played in Georgia, or will their home games also move to Denver?

tomahawk-chop-jane-fonda.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonystitt/2021/10/18/tbs-should-be-held-accountable-for-showing-fans-doing-racist-tomahawk-chop/

Sure bring politics into a baseball game thread. Some of us would like to just enjoy the games.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It would be okay to spend $11-12 million x 2 years on Taylor if it got Leury off the roster…it’s probably better than Story or Baez, anyway.

I know why it won’t happen ($) but with the injury record of the White Sox’s key players, you would be well justified in having a couple of guys of that caliber around.