NLCS Dodgers/Braves

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Runner on third, 1 out, Betts at bat, the defense is in a shift, first base basically wide open...is there some honor system in place where Betts isn't supposed to lay one down the first base line for an easy running scoring push bunt???

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Chris Taylor with a 2 out bases loaded double nets the Dodgers 2 runs. It was actually a bloop single to CF that Heredia couldn't scoop on the short hop and let it get by him. How the official scorer gave him a double I'll never know. Heredia was brought in on a double switch.

Also seemed like he was playing way too deep

7 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

It's also kinda stupid that the Braves are rewarded HFA for winning a shitty division over a team that won almost 110 games.

That may be but I'm looking forward to the White Sox being rewarded HFA after winning their shitty division next season so I'm not complaining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Braves almost have to win now with Fried going in Game 4, possibly coming back on short rest for Game 7 (ala Bumgarner in 2014)...

Also, who are the Doders?

I had Bellinger in a bunch of my leagues for his dual position eligibility. Had some injuries, had a terrible year (.542 OPS), but started hitting the final week, and then he came back from an injury the final week and looked pretty good. Then comes the postseason, and he became Cody Bellinger again, 1.159 OPS this series. 

They also have a catcher who, you know, can rake in the postseason (1.092 OPS this post season, vs. SF and Atlanta pitching). Grandal never got a single start in the 2017 World Series for them, Austin Barnes started all seven games (Grandal did go 0 for 3 pinch hitting). Barnes did start every game again over Grandal in 2018, and then all but one when the Dodgers won the World Series in 2020.

Will Smith is their starter now, and he is a stud both offensively and behind the plate. Was drafted 5 years ago by the Dodgers. Wish the Sox could draft and develop catchers like Will Smith. Sox also went with a catcher in the first round that year, 22 picks ahead. Zack Collins. Yep.

• Like 1