Seiya Suzuki

Eminor3rd

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

Some actual new info in this one, regarding advanced metrics on defense and contract guess of 4/32:

4/32 sounds wonderful, especially considering the free agent outfielder market has the same questions per FA as we'd have with Suzuki.

Yeah so he mentioned probably just average defensively but has good speed and a good arm...when we are talking about GRF that plays really well. 

I really hope they kick the tires on this guy. Seattle is full of Outfielders. SD could go after him. I don't think sox do but like I said, the good thing about our poor process is if he does a showcase with Kenny in audience, we have good a shot as any.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:29 AM, Eminor3rd said:

Oh cool, now you're using Barstool to try to say a player is good lol.

If you like Suzuki, he'd better be prime Mike Trout given the standards you hold Grandal to

20 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

If you like Suzuki, he'd better be prime Mike Trout given the standards you hold Grandal to

I'm going to go ahead and make a Grandal thread for you to white knight in. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, bmags said:

Yeah so he mentioned probably just average defensively but has good speed and a good arm...when we are talking about GRF that plays really well. 

I really hope they kick the tires on this guy. Seattle is full of Outfielders. SD could go after him. I don't think sox do but like I said, the good thing about our poor process is if he does a showcase with Kenny in audience, we have good a shot as any.

The Sox absolutely have to get a left handed 2B if they get this guy. I wonder if trading Vaughn is on the table at this point. They simply need to get more left handed. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The Sox absolutely have to get a left handed 2B if they get this guy. I wonder if trading Vaughn is on the table at this point. They simply need to get more left handed. 

So yeah his name would be Cesar Hernandez 

19 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Totally spitballing here. Would Crochet and Vaughn as centerpieces be enough to get the Rays talking about Brandon Lowe?

He signed a team friendly extension with them, doubt he’s the guy they’d want to move.  But if they’d be done, we’d be crazy not to do that trade and I think Vaughn is going to be an absolute stud in the next year or two.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Depending on how on tilt Preller is, maybe Frazier becomes available again.

And you’ve looked at his numbers after the trade how closely?

They will prioritize moving a bigger salary, someone would have to overpay.  Kim is the guy you could basically assume his contract and they would be happy with a B/C prospect.  But then you’re committed to two years at even more money than Hernandez for a huge question mark offensively, especially changing leagues.

36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They will prioritize moving a bigger salary, someone would have to overpay.  Kim is the guy you could basically assume his contract and they would be happy with a B/C prospect.  But then you’re committed to two years at even more money than Hernandez for a huge question mark offensively, especially changing leagues.

I’ll take your word for it. You are the Padres biggest fan after all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’ll take your word for it. You are the Padres biggest fan after all.

Who were you formerly named? 

Before I was the biggest Puig fan, then the Royals, then Tatis, Jr., can I be all those things simultaneously and still follow every White Sox game? That would require lots of multitasking and the ability to write thousands of posts about a team that is supposedly not my favorite.  Maybe I'm also a fan of Covid-19 and politics, lol. 

And I guess it's a pretty bad thing to be knowledgeable about teams playing in the Senior Circuit, especially since it might benefit my fantasy league team.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who were you formerly named? 

Before I was the biggest Puig fan, then the Royals, then Tatis, Jr., can I be all those things simultaneously and still follow every White Sox game? That would require lots of multitasking and the ability to write thousands of posts about a team that is supposedly not my favorite.  Maybe I'm also a fan of Covid-19 and politics, lol. 

And I guess it's a pretty bad thing to be knowledgeable about teams playing in the Senior Circuit, especially since it might benefit my fantasy league team.

I am not a fan of Covid-19 and am happy to lump a few teams down there with that.

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

He’s left handed, plays 2nd base, has high contact rates and doesn’t hit the ball on the ground. I’m sorry his performance with your favorite team traumatized you but that’s a short list of players and him sucking with your favorite team is probably good for acquiring him.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:53 PM, CeaseAndExist said:

Lol, I sincerely apologize to have affected you so much to have you try to drag the argument you invented into a second thread.

You seem to have a habit of projecting some sort of adversarial argument onto other people's conversations, regardless of how unrelated they are to the one happening in your head. I can't imagine that does anything but cause more stress for you. So, you have my sympathy, but I'm not going to spend time defending arguments you've made up on my behalf, lol.

Edited by Eminor3rd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you add Suzuki for RF, then you got to add a LH bat for 2B.  How much does take it take to land Ketel Marte?  Does Vaughn, Crochet, & Rodriguez get it done?  Is that something we’d even consider doing?  Regardless, imagine the fucking lineup!

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Robert, CF
  3. Marte, 2B#
  4. Abreu, 1B
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Grandal, C#
  7. Moncada, 3B#
  8. Suzuki, RF
  9. Sheets, DH*

Good fucking god!  If only dreams could come true!

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If you add Suzuki for RF, then you got to add a LH bat for 2B.  How much does take it take to land Ketel Marte?  Does Vaughn, Crochet, & Rodriguez get it done?  Is that something we’d even consider doing?  Regardless, imagine the fucking lineup!

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Robert, CF
  3. Marte, 2B#
  4. Abreu, 1B
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Grandal, C#
  7. Moncada, 3B#
  8. Suzuki, RF
  9. Sheets, DH*

I still think inquiring on Frazier is a good option especially if you are paying 2020 prices on him.

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Robert, CF
  3. Marte, 2B#
  4. Abreu, 1B
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Grandal, C#
  7. Moncada, 3B#
  8. Suzuki, RF
  9. Sheets, DH*

That would be a massive overpay on Marte

• Thanks 1