World Series - Braves v. Trashtros

hi8is

This is the first World Series consisting of two Confederate State teams; the eighth ever across the “Big Four” leagues, and the first not featuring Florida vs. Texas.

• 2021 MLB Atlanta at Houston
  • 2020 NHL Tampa Bay 4 Dallas 2
  • 2014 NBA San Antonio 4 Miami 1
  • 2013 NBA Miami 4 San Antonio 3
  • 2011 NBA Dallas 4 Miami 2
  • 2006 NBA Miami 4 Dallas 2
  • 1995 NBA Houston 4 Orlando 0
  • 1972 NFL Dallas 24 Miami 3

Manfred and Co. steaming their precious Dodgers and Red Sox didn’t advance.

Glad the likely final World Series in the 10 team playoff era are contested by two division winners.

https://www.tiktok.com/@hey_commy/video/7022374924736007429?sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=6950334037614183941&is_from_webapp=v1&is_copy_url=0

So they've used whistles for every pitch, a smart watch (which is illegal) and now foreign substances. The Braves ain't winnin shit with all that cheating.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

https://www.tiktok.com/@hey_commy/video/7022374924736007429?sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=6950334037614183941&is_from_webapp=v1&is_copy_url=0

So they've used whistles for every pitch, a smart watch (which is illegal) and now foreign substances. The Braves ain't winnin shit with all that cheating.

This is just infuriating.  Garcia threw more pitches over 96 in this one game, than the ENTIRE SEASON?!?!???  Yeah, that kind of stuff randomly happens all the time.

I know..every team in MLB is cheating in some way....or at least trying to.  But the Trashtros seem to take all of it to the next level and tbh they don't even need to.  They can probably win multiple WS (or at least reach multiple WS just on their talent).  Something needs to change to put these guys in their place and have some sort of punishment for this nonsense.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Yeah those spin rate increases do seem a bit sus. His fastball velocity did go up 3 MPH compared to his average. The extra velocity alone could be responsible for some of the spin increase (up 80 RPM vs. his yearly average). His velocity and spin rates were down by a ton in his first start and they said he had some knee issues (not sure if that's legit or not, they could have just been buying time to warm someone else up). But the fact that he never went to the rosin bag and kept going to his hair does seem suspect as well.

Before we yell the Astros are cheating, Cease goes to his hair after almost every pitch. He actually does use rosin though, so it could be just rosin + sweat. That's why I the bit about Garcia never going to the rosin bag was interesting to me. 

11 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This is the first World Series consisting of two Confederate State teams; the eighth ever across the “Big Four” leagues, and the first not featuring Florida vs. Texas.

Glad the likely final World Series in the 10 team playoff era are contested by two division winners.

Cancel the world series!

47 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Cancel the world series!

Population has been shifting to the South and Southwest for decades, so it was a matter of time for professional sports to migrate and then start recruiting successful front offices and managers / teams over the past three generations. Most Southerners aren't really big on baseball, though the population in Houston and Atlanta are large enough to be clear leaders over the Rangers and two Florida teams, the latter despite baseball being culturally relevant in Miami. Like Los Angeles, there are plenty of other things to do besides sit in the stands for four hours, with the Lakers and Dodgers being the So Cal exceptions.

For most non-transplants in the South, SEC Football, or lesser football (ACC) is the top sport going, followed by  the NFL, with the NBA and then MLB far behind, Perhaps NASCAR is still relevant in certain areas, despite a subset of fans  "losing their freedoms", with the NHL well behind even this low threshold.

I do hope the television network would be responsible with what they show/amplify and respect human decency, regardless of whether the sad franchise chooses to do the same. I'll leave it at that.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

4 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Unreal.  This is what happens when MLB turns a blind eye and does nothing to the players when they got caught doing it previously.  Fucking joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

MLB snubbed Atlanta from the all star game, now they are in WS. How ironic

Go Braves, show Manfred up, hope they chop the astroles to death

Braves marketing opportunity: "Braves fans, one thing the Georgia legislature can't stop you from voting for is World Series MVP. Log on to mlb.com/braves to cast your vote now!"

On 10/24/2021 at 11:22 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

Not true—2011 Cardinals/Rangers (though I guess some might dispute the extent of Missouri’s membership in the Confederacy) .

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

3 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Not true—2011 Cardinals/Rangers (though I guess some might dispute the extent of Missouri’s membership in the Confederacy) .

Not true. 

Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland and Delaware had significant support within their population for the Confederacy, but never officially joined, nor did they abandon their representation in Congress or the Electoral College during the Civil War.

Owning slaves remained legal in those states throughout the Civil War. Lincoln only “freed” slaves in states he did not preside over in his Emancipation Proclamation, though he did try (the four border state legislators rejected emancipation for compensation bills). 

Slaves were not freed in the four states noted above, including Missouri, until after the 1864 election, when the 13th amendment was passed.

I also did not recognize territories claimed by the Confederacy, such as Oklahoma (NBA 2012 Oklahoma City vs. Miami).

Edited by South Side Hit Men

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Not true. 

Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland and Delaware had significant support within their population for the Confederacy, but never officially joined, nor did they abandon their representation in Congress or the Electoral College during the Civil War.

Owning slaves remained legal in those states throughout the Civil War. Lincoln only “freed” slaves in states he did not preside over in his Emancipation Proclamation, though he did try (the four border state legislators rejected emancipation for compensation bills). 

Slaves were not freed in the four states noted above, including Missouri, until after the 1864 election, when the 13th amendment was passed.

I also did not recognize territories claimed by the Confederacy, such as Oklahoma (NBA 2012 Oklahoma City vs. Miami).

The Confederacy had a lot more than "support within [the] population" of Missouri, though it definitely had that, along with maintaining its status as a slave state.  Missouri was officially accepted into the confederacy in 1861, though the pro-confederate governor and his gov't were eventually forced to function in exile.  It sent legislators to the Confederate Congress.  It sent tens of thousands of soldiers to fight in the Confederate army, and Missouri had its own rebel battle flag.  In fact, Missouri represents one of the 13 stars on the "stars and bars" of the Confederate battle flag.  There are Confederate war monuments all over the State.  That's more than enough for me to consider it a "Confederate" state, and I think it's a little ridiculous for Missourians to claim separation from the Confederacy or claim the State was somehow fully part of the Union.  Anyway, I nodded to the complexity and disputes surrounding Missouri's Confederate status in my original post and recognize we're way off topic.