World Series - Braves v. Trashtros

hi8is

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Would be wonderful if altuve hit a home run and a buzzer fell out of his jersey and the entire Astros team was forced to forfeit in shame 

Best possible outcome.  Although the more likely response from Manfred might be a statement condemning the unauthorized uniform standards violation, but qualifying that "I can't make any judgment as to whether the buzzer helped or hurt Mr. Altuve, who by all accounts is a talented, hardworking and upstanding little guy"

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

The Confederacy had a lot more than "support within [the] population" of Missouri, though it definitely had that, along with maintaining its status as a slave state.  Missouri was officially accepted into the confederacy in 1861, though the pro-confederate governor and his gov't were eventually forced to function in exile.  It sent legislators to the Confederate Congress.  It sent tens of thousands of soldiers to fight in the Confederate army, and Missouri had its own rebel battle flag.  In fact, Missouri represents one of the 13 stars on the "stars and bars" of the Confederate battle flag.  There are Confederate war monuments all over the State.  That's more than enough for me to consider it a "Confederate" state, and I think it's a little ridiculous for Missourians to claim separation from the Confederacy or claim the State was somehow fully part of the Union.  Anyway, I nodded to the complexity and disputes surrounding Missouri's Confederate status in my original post and recognize we're way off topic.

Well, Maryland is the lone Union Slave state who remained loyal to the cause 160 years later, including their support in their official state song. Maryland finally surrendered a few months ago.

Dear Mother! burst the tyrant's chain,
Maryland!
Virginia should not call in vain,
Maryland!
She meets her sisters on the plain—
"Sic semper!" 'tis the proud refrain

That baffles minions back amain,
Maryland! My Maryland!

I hear the distant thunder-hum,
Maryland!
The Old Line's bugle, fife, and drum,
Maryland!
She is not dead, nor deaf, nor dumb—
Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!
She breathes! she burns! she'll come! she'll come!
Maryland! My Maryland!

The Onion tries hard, but can never top real life, especially with Manfred still walking the planet.

https://theathletic.com/news/mlb-commissioner-rob-manfred-defends-braves-name-the-chop/tdrQkzkqKwun/

“The Native American community in that region is wholly supportive of the Braves program, including 'The Chop.' For me, that’s kind of the end of the story. In that market, we’re taking into account the Native American community."