Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heads22

NFTs

Recommended Posts

So, MLB is starting to drop some of their own tomorrow - anyone going after that? Anyone doing Top Shot or anything of the like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

So, MLB is starting to drop some of their own tomorrow - anyone going after that? Anyone doing Top Shot or anything of the like?

I have a bunch of different stuff. Sports wise I have 1 wooden something from the first MLB Topps thing happened and then I have a bunch of Topshot moments. Best advice I can give is that 1) only buy what you can lose and 2) if you want to be profitable only buy packs.

A lot of it makes no sense because its filled with crypto people with limited sports knowledge. My biggest shock when I joined TS was seeing Tom Satoransky moments going for hundreds of dollars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Candy is dropping some today. I just signed up. Seems its $50 for a pack. 

 

(edit)

Topshot is also dropping archive packs, they are going to be tricky to get unless you have a pretty big collection. If you want to get started the have some common packs for cheap, but you missed out on the free Wade moment.

Edited by Soxbadger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don’t understand the NFT craze and it makes me feel old.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hi8is said:

I still don’t understand the NFT craze and it makes me feel old.

I understand the basic concept, but what I don't understand is this: If everybody is creating and selling NFTs, won't most of the devalue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2021 at 6:26 AM, hi8is said:

I still don’t understand the NFT craze and it makes me feel old.

 

15 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I understand the basic concept, but what I don't understand is this: If everybody is creating and selling NFTs, won't most of the devalue?

Most of it is probably worthless. I have no idea why people spend thousands of dollars on some of stuff.


The only thing Ive really spent time on is the NBA one. To me its like collecting cards, except for I dont have to worry about their rating. Im not sure if they will ever have value, but if you limit yourself to the $10-$20 packs you probably arent going to lose much either. From the last $19 pack there were a few that sold within the week for $10,000+. The most expensive was Lebron #23 (the moment is of his first game winner ever), it went for $40,000.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

 

Most of it is probably worthless. I have no idea why people spend thousands of dollars on some of stuff.


The only thing Ive really spent time on is the NBA one. To me its like collecting cards, except for I dont have to worry about their rating. Im not sure if they will ever have value, but if you limit yourself to the $10-$20 packs you probably arent going to lose much either. From the last $19 pack there were a few that sold within the week for $10,000+. The most expensive was Lebron #23 (the moment is of his first game winner ever), it went for $40,000.

Can I haz $40,000?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just was in a long conversation about this and other what I'm calling "faith based investments". To me it all fits into art. A painting doesn't have much material value, just the exclusivity of having it. Same with digital investments. 

If I was younger I'd consider putting 10% or so in NFTs, crypto, etc. But my current glide path doesn't have much room for pure speculation beyond some single stock purchases to augment my ETFs and Mutual Funds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×