Minnie Minoso, Buck O'Neil and Four Others Elected to the Baseball HOF; Dick Allen Screwed by One Vote

South Side Hit Men

When the guy said there were 4 new on the one ballot, I guessed Minoso, Hodges, Kaat, and Allen. Oliva was deserving too. Hopefully Dick Allen will get in too someday. But my lord, enough with putting dead people in. Figure out who belongs per era, put them in while they can enjoy it with their family, and move on. 

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This.

Yep.

Appreciated Tony Oliva and Jim Kaat as players.

In addition to Dick Allen, John Donaldson was also worthy of induction with this HOF inductee class. John McGraw who managed for decades called John the greatest he'd ever seen. John Donaldson lived his post baseball career here, passed in Cook County Hospital, and is buried in Alsip (Burr Oak).

Edited by South Side Hit Men

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’m with @ron883 this almost makes me more mad rather than happy.

That late 60s, early 70s era was so offensively challenged that for some reason a lot of guys that should have been obvious took forever to get in, or never did.  30 homers a season then is like 50 today. A .270 average is .300 today.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So happy to see Minnie in, very disappointed for Allen.

And disappointed for John Donaldson's family. Over 400 wins. Great scout. Another man who broke barriers while with the Sox. 

But hearing them announce Minnie was even better than Frank. 

On 11/8/2021 at 5:14 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Laurence Holmes discussed Minnie Minoso and Dick Allen’s HOF credentials on the show today with Shakeia Thomas.

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/podcasts/laurence-holmes-on-670-the-score-61

Buck O’Neill is also on the ballot, another criminal omission.

Dick Allen Allen not making the hall is afucking  joke. Didn’t he have the highest  ops from 1964 to1974 of any player?

. And for the racial crap he had to put up with he should be a lock.

• Like 1