The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I believe that a team that has been in the lottery the maximum number of times actually drops down to drafting 10th once they don't qualify. But even if they didn't, yeah there's a big difference between 1 and 7, and if you remove the motivation to "lose more games to get a better pick" then that changes the calculus anyway. Imagine the 2019 Tigers or 2018 White Sox not being able to qualify for a pick better than #10.

The Sox got all of their major contributors via trade though. They were in a unique situation with Sale/Quintana/Eaton. 

Also, I think that being back would have helped them as they wouldn't have wasted 1st rounders on limited players like Madrigal and Vaughn. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Sox got all of their major contributors via trade though. They were in a unique situation with Sale/Quintana/Eaton. 

Also, I think that being back would have helped them as they wouldn't have wasted 1st rounders on limited players like Madrigal and Vaughn. 

The White Sox wouldn't have gotten Vaughn, that seems pretty important. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

The White Sox wouldn't have gotten Vaughn, that seems pretty important. 

I see that as a positive, honestly. Not a real fan of Vaughn. I don't like that they used the 3rd pick on a guy who is basically 1B/DH only. Madrigal had to be an Ichiro level special player as a hitter and defender at 2B for him to be worth that pick. He was neither and it speaks volumes how they were shopping him last year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Those numbers are right in line with what a number of us thought it would take to get it done.  And the players said yes to $50M flat pre-arb pool.  Too bad this couldn't have happened in December, but whatever.

8 minutes ago, pcq said:

OD April 7

4 weeks. Might be Friday, April 8 at Detroit for the White Sox.

Actually, I’m thinking now 4/8 will be an off day. You know, the built in off day for opening day in Detroit.

Same thing for the home opener. Probably Monday 4/11, and off on the 12th.

Edited by flavum

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Is there a modified schedule for this upcoming OR are we still waiting for a schedule to come out?

They’ll tinker with the existing. More than likely, the Sox will end the season in KC 10/3-10/5 and they’ll mix in 3 makeup games with the Twins to make up the opening series.

• Like 1