The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Definitely not feeling overly compelled to drop coin on a 10 or 20 game plan right now, that's for sure.

I was going to buy a few of the six ticket specials in the 300 level, but passed on it without knowing what the lockout would do to this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I was going to buy a few of the six ticket specials in the 300 level, but passed on it without knowing what the lockout would do to this season. 

I'm sure once my bitterness fades I'll snag tix to a few games this summer.  But they won't get the same dollar investment up front I might have otherwise made.  

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I'm sure once my bitterness fades I'll snag tix to a few games this summer.  But they won't get the same dollar investment up front I might have otherwise made.  

My purchases will probably end up through stubhub at discounted prices instead of directly through the team, though if this lasts at all into the season, I may well not go at all

• Like 1

Hopefully some players and scientists are getting together and discovering new ways of cheating to save the game like last time. 

The owners could end this now. Just accept the proposal and move on. 

I'm looking over what some are suggesting will be the hardest to resolve issues and I can't get excited about either position. Super 2 arb? Great, I'll take either side or anywhere in the middle if it means a settlement. Revenue sharing? Sure, either side or settle anywhere in the middle. 

I'm pro settle this fast.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Should be pretty wild.  Hopefully the Sox get involved.

Hopefully the small payroll clubs are forced to be involved. Then we'll see some fireworks. Force a couple of those clubs to add 20 or 30 million to their payroll. Yee haw! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Hopefully the small payroll clubs are forced to be involved. Then we'll see some fireworks. Force a couple of those clubs to add 20 or 30 million to their payroll. Yee haw! 

The players said their #1 concern was needing all clubs to be trying for competitive balance.  Raising the club minimum salary base should be all we are hearing about.  So far it seems that this bonus pool which affects very view players has been the main thrust.  If I am an average major league player...I don't want to be missing paychecks to fight for these things that don't have much significance for the majority of players.

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The players said their #1 concern was needing all clubs to be trying for competitive balance.  Raising the club minimum salary base should be all we are hearing about.  So far it seems that this bonus pool which affects very view players has been the main thrust.  If I am an average major league player...I don't want to be missing paychecks to fight for these things that don't have much significance for the majority of players.

The minimum really doesn't force any competitive balance. The amount of talent available stays the same. If the Dodgers are paying a player 2x what a small market is currently paying they could continue to offer 2x the small market price and the player doesn't move.

Basically for competitive balance the playoff teams should lose talented players to the non playoff teams. The Sox should be selling not buying.