The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Since it is quite clear you are desperate for an exchange, disclose your author name for Future Sox, to allow posters here to determine whether your articles are worth reading, and I will provide a response to this post.

Still waiting for your first post in this exchange, perhaps any exchange you've had on SoxTalk, that does not involve "name calling".

This is absolutely pathetic. "Dox yourself or I won't respond". 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

Users here respond under one ID, do not have multiple user names. Personally  do not care and have no interest in a writer's real name or personal information. Some you can ascertain or guess at such as Y2Jimmy, but I have no interest in "doxing" his or any writer's personal information, but nice try.

In term's of TexSox, you made it quite clear you prefer scab players over the actual players many here still care about. 

Texsox - Prefers faceless avatars wearing Jerry's laundry 

6upLSqJd_400x400.jpg + ff_2342882alt1_full.jpg&w=600

whereas SSHM Prefers Actual White Sox - playing with or without logos, and definitely without racist logos or imagery.

328fbf30-9198-11eb-af7b-9b89c9719fb2

Laughable you would post a Marx image, oblivious to the fact the owners have socialized their capital expenses on the backs of American taxpayers, and distorted the tax code to have the average "working class" fan pay a much higher tax rate then the billionaires profiting off of the morally corrupt system.

Billionaire Owners get billions in stadium subsidies paid for by the working class who can't afford to even enter their taxpayer funded stadiums, unless they are there to sweep the floors.

ford-field-detroit.jpg

There is no money for sports facilities or arts in Public Schools.  The working class get this.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

14 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Users here respond under one ID, do not have multiple user names. Personally  do not care and have no interest in a writer's real name or personal information. Some you can ascertain or guess at such as Y2Jimmy, but I have no interest in "doxing" his or any writer's personal information, but nice try.

In term's of TexSox, you made it quite clear you prefer scab players over the actual players many here still care about. 

Texsox - Prefers faceless avatars wearing Jerry's laundry 

6upLSqJd_400x400.jpg + ff_2342882alt1_full.jpg&w=600

whereas SSHM Prefers Actual White Sox - playing with or without logos, and definitely without racist logos or imagery.

328fbf30-9198-11eb-af7b-9b89c9719fb2

Laughable you would post a Che image, oblivious to the fact the owners have socialized their capital expenses on the backs of American taxpayers, and distorted the tax code to have the average "working class" fan pay a much higher tax rate then the billionaires profiting off of the morally corrupt system.

Billionaire Owners get billions in stadium subsidies paid for by the working class who can't afford to even enter their taxpayer funded stadiums, unless they are there to sweep the floors.

ford-field-detroit.jpg

There is no money for sports facilities or arts in Public Schools.  The working class get this.

Quite the hitty fit. Lol

Once again misquoting people because you can't understand. 

I prefer that the folks that are working to feed their families, the vendors, the ground crews, the ticket agents, the parking lot employees, the businesses that cover their rent when there are ball games to not get screwed over by billionaire owners and millionaire players. I understand you just like cozy up to the players so they will sell you their autograph and could care less about the little guy. 

I believe  teams that accept public monies should have to return some of it when they sell the team at a profit. I believe some of their profits should go to improvements in the communities the team draws from. I believe if they accept public money they and their sub contractors should be required to pay the livable wage in the area.

You want the profits to go to higher player salaries. 

18 hours ago, hi8is said:

It’s going to be a long off-season.

Unless killer variant phi comes along, this year could not possibly get any better. Looking forward to minor league baseball. If the labor dispute gets resolved we need a national boycott day for the fans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can’t recall any other commissioner regularly being booed at all levels of the sport… 

From draft days to World Series trophy presentations and many other spots in between.

8 hours ago, hi8is said:

I can’t recall any other commissioner regularly being booed at all levels of the sport… 

From draft days to World Series trophy presentations and many other spots in between.

MLB needs a strong independent commissioner. The owners won't allow that. They will continue to run the sport and will no doubt run it into ground. How's that for a legacy, JR?

16 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

MLB needs a strong independent commissioner. The owners won't allow that. They will continue to run the sport and will no doubt run it into ground. How's that for a legacy, JR?

Or have three independent groups running baseball. Perhaps one group elected by the players, another group elected by the owners, and a commissioner elected by the fans. To change anything it would take a majority of votes in the first two groups plus the commissioner. If the commissioner doesn’t believe it’s in the best interest of the game they can say no, but then the other two groups could override if they have a supermajority of votes. 

:usa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Or have three independent groups running baseball. Perhaps one group elected by the players, another group elected by the owners, and a commissioner elected by the fans. To change anything it would take a majority of votes in the first two groups plus the commissioner. If the commissioner doesn’t believe it’s in the best interest of the game they can say no, but then the other two groups could override if they have a supermajority of votes. 

:usa

That sound you hear is Judge Kenesaw Landis turning over in his grave.

• Like 1

With my ever-declining interest in baseball (except for my interest in the Sox; I used to follow all teams a bit, but no more), I have a question to ask. Usually when work stoppages were threatened I had a strong feel for what would happen. So what will happen with this one?

Are they close? Is there one issue that we'll have to wait until June to get resolved so no baseball til June or something? What's the hottest issue that's holding things up. I guess I'm wrong but I would think the owners would not want a stoppage during the Covid era. Seasons can be canceled at any time for Covid reasons for gosh sakes. These owners need to play ball as much as they can so the cash registers can ring from parking, concessions, TV contracts. Thanx in advance.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

With my ever-declining interest in baseball (except for my interest in the Sox; I used to follow all teams a bit, but no more), I have a question to ask. Usually when work stoppages were threatened I had a strong feel for what would happen. So what will happen with this one?

Are they close? Is there one issue that we'll have to wait until June to get resolved so no baseball til June or something? What's the hottest issue that's holding things up. I guess I'm wrong but I would think the owners would not want a stoppage during the Covid era. Seasons can be canceled at any time for Covid reasons for gosh sakes. These owners need to play ball as much as they can so the cash registers can ring from parking, concessions, TV contracts. Thanx in advance.

The primary issue for this negotiation is compensation, arbitration and free agency eligibility for players in their 0-6 years of MLB service.

• Changes to the minimum salary.
  • Arbitration eligibility (2 vs. 3 years).
  • Free agency eligibility (5 vs. 6 years or a set age (owners proposal).
  • Elimination of compensatory draft picks for departing Free Agents.
  • Reforming the amateur domestic draft & foreign free agent process.
  • Changes to or elimination of “Luxury Taxes” (fines, draft picks).

Players gained significant advantages the first few decades of the MLBPA, but owners have made significant strides the past twenty-five years (1996 forward).

While younger fans are unable to recall the acrimony of the 1970s or 1980s, deals still were reached, it just took time and in some cases cost regular season games.

The players are looking to regain some of their lost rights this round, and are prepared for an extended fight, with significant reserves to withstand an extended lockout. Time well tell whether they will remain unified longer than owners.

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

If there is a work stoppage that lasts until.. say.. 5/1, would the season begin as the schedule says against those opponents, or would they change the schedule similarly to 2020 for the Covid shortened year?

They would probably have to make some adjustments so each team has an equal amount of games- home and away. I’m optimistic they’ll get it figured out in February and start on time. Too much to lose if they don’t.

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The primary issue for this negotiation is compensation, arbitration and free agency eligibility for players in their 0-6 years of MLB service.

• Changes to the minimum salary.
  • Arbitration eligibility (2 vs. 3 years).
  • Free agency eligibility (5 vs. 6 years or a set age (owners proposal).
  • Elimination of compensatory draft picks for departing Free Agents.
  • Reforming the amateur domestic draft & foreign free agent process.
  • Changes to or elimination of “Luxury Taxes” (fines, draft picks).

Players gained significant advantages the first few decades of the MLBPA, but owners have made significant strides the past twenty-five years (1996 forward).

While younger fans are unable to recall the acrimony of the 1970s or 1980s, deals still were reached, it just took time and in some cases cost regular season games.

The players are looking to regain some of their lost rights this round, and are prepared for an extended fight, with significant reserves to withstand an extended lockout. Time well tell whether they will remain unified longer than owners.

Thanks. Very interesting. There are a few points in there I can see management saying no to. Like the draft picks regarding compensation and the luxury tax issue. Thank u.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, ron883 said:

Yup. Says all you need to know about that guy. I will avoid responding to his posts as there is no point. Just says a bunch of stuff he doesn't understand, refuses to clarify or provide support, then calls names and makes ridiculous demands instead of substantiating his posts. As long as some kid doesn't read his posts and think that he is in any way accurate. More access to information than ever and you still have people peddling made up garbage that anyone can quickly google and see is wrong.