Marcus Semien

2 hours ago, SCCWS said:

Since Semien had an excellent year at the plate while playing 2B, do we think  Semien will agree on 2B for his next destination or is  playing SS  his priority. With the SS candidates potentially relocating this offseason, teams may look at MS as an alternative if they lose their SS. 

Heyman predicted the other day the Twins would get him

On 10/29/2021 at 11:32 AM, TaylorStSox said:

I don't see him repeating the 45 HR's he hit this year, he's 31 and he's only had 2 seasons with an ops over .800. I'm certainly not going to give him $25M a year.

I agree, he had a career year in a relatively old season. I'd much rather give 25M/year to Seager or Story. Problem is those guys are going to require 6-7 year deals, Semien maybe takes a 4-5. Likely we are not going to be upgrading 2B to an elite player, so we should focus on RF to try and get an elite player there. 

4 hours ago, TheCommish said:

I agree, he had a career year in a relatively old season. I'd much rather give 25M/year to Seager or Story. Problem is those guys are going to require 6-7 year deals, Semien maybe takes a 4-5. Likely we are not going to be upgrading 2B to an elite player, so we should focus on RF to try and get an elite player there. 

Hahn should be fired on the spot for giving that type of deal to Story. 

Arenado he is not, and there was an appreciable/predictable fall off from Coors for him.  Seager is the best fit for our line up but not happening in JR's lifetime.

15 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Hahn should be fired on the spot for giving that type of deal to Story. 

Arenado he is not, and there was an appreciable/predictable fall off from Coors for him.  Seager is the best fit for our line up but not happening in JR's lifetime.

I thought the Rockies players leaving Colorado and sucking (because of mile high) has been proven wrong..

36 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I thought the Rockies players leaving Colorado and sucking (because of mile high) has been proven wrong..

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/trevor-story/12564/splits?season=0&position=SS&split=1.2
Can you/we afford to pay $20+ million for a .241 BA and wRC+ of under 100 (98 to be exact) over his career away from home?

That’s a much bigger risk than Kimbrel because it will be a 4-5 year contract.

You’re also wasting his defense playing him at second…but paying him like a premium SS.

41 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/trevor-story/12564/splits?season=0&position=SS&split=1.2
Can you/we afford to pay $20+ million for a .241 BA and wRC+ of under 100 (98 to be exact) over his career away from home?

You’re also wasting his defense playing him at second…but paying him like a premium SS.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:44 AM, caulfield12 said:

And no AL experience......howz that werkin for the Sox again?