Sox expected to retain all of MLB staff

southsider2k5

Feel like we should be focusing our energy on attracting coaches and personnel that can turn guys like guys like mid-season Joc and Soler into the post season producers they turned into. 

And also the oft-repeated issues with our ground ball launch angle philosophy. 

Status quo with the staff is frustrating, blah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Whatcha know..

I was under the impression one or two of coaching staff was possibly gone and it was a courtesy until after the WS to hold the presser. That obviously appears wrong now. Def seems odd at this point. 

4 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

You’d be lying if you said he didn’t have any input into who/what he wanted at the deadline. 

I never said that he had no input. Kimbrel - doesn't seem like a move he'd have made though. Even called out the FO for it during the postseason.

Saying "I'm good with Goodwin" - that does sound more like him.

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I never said that he had no input. Kimbrel - doesn't seem like a move he'd have made though. Even called out the FO for it during the postseason.

Saying "I'm good with Goodwin" - that does sound more like him.

It’s been stated in multiple occasions that TLR, Hahn and Kw had a consensus weeks before deadline that Kimbrel was the guy they wanted. 

c

5 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Feel like we should be focusing our energy on attracting coaches and personnel that can turn guys like guys like mid-season Joc and Soler into the post season producers they turned into. 

And also the oft-repeated issues with our ground ball launch angle philosophy. 

Status quo with the staff is frustrating, blah.

Well said. I don't know how we can look at what happened in the 2nd half and in the playoffs and think that there's nothing wrong with our coaching staff. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It’s been stated in multiple occasions that TLR, Hahn and Kw had a consensus weeks before deadline that Kimbrel was the guy they wanted. 

Then LaRussa saying that he was a closer who was in the wrong role after game 2 seems extra confusing.

1 hour ago, tray said:

I was hoping LaRussa would retire, Hahn get fired, and a new GM be given the authority to pick the next Manager and staff. I guess none  of that will happen now.

Maybe Hahn would have left w frustration that TLR was not only named but retained.  Maybe there was no where for Hahn to go. But I don't think JR would fire Hahn.