Sox give no qualifying offers

CentralChamps21

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Opt into Kimbrel and don’t offer a QO to Rodon. They’re already screwing up the off-season.

They know more about Rodons shoulder than anyone. If he throws 200 innings and is a Cy contender, the Sox should "re imagine" their front office. I am guessing he is a part time rotation guy.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I might be the only one happy they didn’t QO Rodon. I don’t trust him at all to remain healthy into a postseason series.

If they’re passing on him to pursue a different starter then I’m 100% cool with this as I’m not optimistic he holds up for an entire season.  If this is a sign of a tight budget, then that’s problematic.  For now, I’m assuming it’s the former rather than the latter.

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Would love to bring back Rodon on a one year + option deal that pays him more if he hits a certain amount of innings and pitches in the playoffs

He should get the most guaranteed money he can get for the most amount of years

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They know more about Rodons shoulder than anyone. If he throws 200 innings and is a Cy contender, the Sox should "re imagine" their front office. I am guessing he is a part time rotation guy.

I think the problem is Carlos was going to take the QO if extended.  I get people loved what he gave us when healthy (so did I), but dude has a terrible track record of health.  As long as they take the $18.5M and reinvest it into another pitcher I’m good here.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If they’re passing on him to pursue a different starter then I’m 100% cool with this as I’m not optimistic he holds up for an entire season.  If this is a sign of a tight budget, then that’s problematic.  For now, I’m assuming it’s the former rather than the latter.

I agree. I’m not going to make rash judgements on a situation we don’t know all the details on. Want to let this play out, see what happens. 

But…if they make a few minor adjustments, I’ll be disappointed. They need to make a few key moves, not just band-aids. Act like you want to win a World Series and not just win a shitty division. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think the problem is Carlos was going to take the QO if extended.  I get people loved what he gave us when healthy (so did I), but dude has a terrible track record of health.  As long as they take the $18.5M and reinvest it into another pitcher I’m good here.

They can also use it towards a second baseman or a right fielder because if they plug in Kopech in the rotation and they don’t trade Keuchel, you have Giolito, Lynn, Cease, Kopech and Keuchel as the starting five.

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I agree. I’m not going to make rash judgements on a situation we don’t know all the details on. Want to let this play out, see what happens. 

But…if they make a few minor adjustments, I’ll be disappointed. They need to make a few key moves, not just band-aids. Act like you want to win a World Series and not just win a shitty division. 

This is exactly where I’m at. Let’s see if they’re serious about this window or not 

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

They can also use it towards a second baseman or a right fielder because if they plug in Kopech in the rotation and they don’t trade Keuchel, you have Giolito, Lynn, Cease, Kopech and Keuchel as the starting five.

With zero depth. Kopech will be on an innings limit and Keuchel sucks