Avisail Garcia opts out

HoosierSox

13 hours ago, greg775 said:

I'd hate to trade Sheets or Vaughn but here's a solution. Avi is still young nuff and outstanding. SIgn him and trade Sheets or Vaughn or both. They are good prospects tho. I like 'em both.

Right now I would platoon Sheets and Vaughn at DH, with Sheets eventually replacing Abreu at first base. I don't want Sheets and Vaughn anywhere near right field, we need to spend some $$$$ and sign a quality left handed hitting right fielder and hopefully Semien at second base.

21 hours ago, shago said:

Avi? FUK NO

Have you seen his stats since he left the Sox? He remains a stellar hitter. I do understand Sheets and Vaughn probably deserve to play and signing Avi would likely ruin their 2022 season if there is a season. ...

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Have you seen his stats since he left the Sox? He remains a stellar hitter. I do understand Sheets and Vaughn probably deserve to play and signing Avi would likely ruin their 2022 season if there is a season. ...

I finally got a solution…. Let’s play Avi at first base, move Abreu to centerfield, and have Robert join the bullpen!!!

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Why didn't I think of that.

We should also resign Leury and then trade him right away for Trout and Otani. Trout to catch… Otani to be our director of analytics. Frees up Grandal to join the starting rotation too.

#Brilliant