We have nothing to show for Herbert

witesoxfan

Hes one stupid motherf***er, Ill tell ya that. Hes what, an SP? How many top notch SPs do the Skanks have? 7? Ha, f*** that motherf***er, any smart b**** woulda signed for the same amount of money for some team like the Rangers who have like no SPs! He aint that special, he shoulda known the Skanks werent gonna sign him big like the rest of their guys. Hell never be anything and if I ever have the displeasure of meeting that b**** Ill laugh in his motherf***ing face!

Hes one stupid motherf***er, Ill tell ya that. Hes what, an SP? How many top notch SPs do the Skanks have? 7? Ha, f*** that motherf***er, any smart b**** woulda signed for the same amount of money for some team like the Rangers who have like no SPs! He aint that special, he shoulda known the Skanks werent gonna sign him big like the rest of their guys. Hell never be anything and if I ever have the displeasure of meeting that b**** Ill laugh in his motherf***ing face!

Yeah thanks for backing me up on that one!

f*** Corey Lee.

Chinese-guy wannabe!

bastard.

:(

I agree the time was for Crede and Perry unfortunately was a casualty. This Corey Lee seems to not have left much of a mark anywhere. Those who know better, did he have a future? Didn't look like he had one with us - not that it looks like he has one with the Yankees either.

Thanks to you all that put in good things to say about My Hero & Beloved Herbert Perry. YES! Herbert was the CLUTCHIEST & not a bad 3rd baseman or 1st baseman either. Plus one of the nicest Good Guys you could ever meet.

I LOVE HERBERT PERRY.....everybody knows that if they know me. I'm hopin' to get a Herbert Perry game worn jersey at SoxFest this year.

Thanks Vince! I should be staying at the Hyatt Regency starting Friday night. I'll try to get there on Friday ASAP & will probably take off work early that day to not miss any of the Firday night festivities. I don't usually make it on Friday, but this year I want the Full SoxFest....My addiction to Sox will be at it's peak by then.

Hey Judy...when your doing the font and stuff, after you finish your typing, then hit close all tags, which can be found right next to the color icon. Then your posts will appear in color. I fixed the coding on the other too.

You picked a real good player though. Herbert was an awesome guy, and a real solid player. He did the little things, hustled, and helped the Sox big time in 2000. One of the better waiver pick ups that I can think of.

any smart b**** woulda signed for the same amount of money for some team like the Rangers who have like no SPs!

The Rangers aren't the only team with extremely questionable starting pitching ;) .

I'll take our rotation over all the other ones in our division, except for the Twins. I'd also take it over plenty of other rotations in baseball.

Its not that we have a bad rotation, its just it isn't exactly proven. It may be talented but you just don't know what to expect.

any smart b**** woulda signed for the same amount of money for some team like the Rangers who have like no SPs!

The Rangers aren't the only team with extremely questionable starting pitching ;) .

That was just an example that really stuck out in my head. And like chisoxfn said our rotation isnt as bad as everyone seems to think...

That was just an example that really stuck out in my head. And like chisoxfn said our rotation isnt as bad as everyone seems to think...

Trust me..... if Garland and Wright don't have career years (not HOF worthy numbers for a season..... but a season better than any they have previously had), this rotation will be WORSE than what most people think it is sans Buehrle.

Well Wright and Garland should grow a bit. Last year they were pretty good and were basically our #2 and #3 pitchers. This year we won't have Ritchie stinking up the joint and if he is back it will be on a shorter leash, and healthy.

We'll also have Rauch who I think will easily be better then Glover as a starter.

Remember in 2000 our staff came out of nowhere. JB and Eldred had career years. The offense still is what carried that team and this years offense is going to be real good and is going to go up against plenty of bad pitching staffs.

Well Wright and Garland should grow a bit.  Last year they were pretty good and were basically our #2 and #3 pitchers.  This year we won't have Ritchie stinking up the joint and if he is back it will be on a shorter leash, and healthy.

We'll also have Rauch who I think will easily be better then Glover as a starter. 

Remember in 2000 our staff came out of nowhere.  JB and Eldred had career years.  The offense still is what carried that team and this years offense is going to be real good and is going to go up against plenty of bad pitching staffs.

But we also can't rest our hopes on our pitchers having career years.

How many wins did Garland and Wright have in 2002, factor in the normal improvement one year to the next, add a few more wins to each, and we are looking pretty good with a rotation of Buehrle, Wright, and Garland. Not career years are needed, just normal progression. Then for the 4th pitcher - whether by committee or Rauch or Biddle or someone seizes the opportunity - all we need. Is it that diffferent than what Anaheim did in 2002?

How many wins did Garland and Wright have in 2002, factor in the normal improvement one year to the next, add a few more wins to each, and we are looking pretty good with a rotation of Buehrle, Wright, and Garland.  Not career years are needed, just normal progression.  Then for the 4th pitcher - whether by committee or Rauch or Biddle or someone seizes the opportunity - all we need.  Is it that diffferent than what Anaheim did in 2002?

Yes, because Anaheim brought in Appier and Sele, two seasoned and consistent veterans. Sele was one of the winningest pitchers the past 3 or 4 years when the Angels signed him and Appier was a solid veteran.

The Sox didn't do that, but they could of.