Update from TLR, via some guy who sat next to him on a Southwest flight

Green Line

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Are we really now ripping TLR for flying like a normal person and being a nice guy by talking to fans?  😂  

He should fly first class or a private jet the 300 mile flight between Phoenix and Las Vegas or he is an asshole. He is an asshole, but he did nothing wrong, and actually, if this guy is being straight and took whatever Tony told him directly to social media, was probably a little too friendly.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Green Line said:

I saw this on Instagram seems legit

432BAD54-1F00-4B7C-A145-337A5B79F6E2.jpeg

Southwest isn't serving alcohol right now.

Torre is 81 and his birthday was in July.

No mlb manager is going to say a player is gone or that a lock out is happening.

Gotta wonder why people like this make up stories online. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 3

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No mlb manager is going to say a player is gone or that a lock out is happening.

People like ray ray will say anything to make TLR look bad. Sad. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 3

36 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I once sat next to Roland Hemond at a White Sox/Yankees spring training game. He gave a couple of insights. One was how he had agreed to a trade for Doug DeCinces but the medical people nixed it because of his back.

37 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

But other than that, it is true, right?  ;)

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Well, it's not beyond belief that a person wouldn't want to have their 80th birthday bash in the middle of covid. Maybe they feel better about the situation and decided to have it now. Why not in July, you ask? Well, with so many baseball people involved in it, it's also reasonable to think that they would wait until after the World Series. Didn't that just end?

No MLB manager would say those things in the media. How they talk in person off the record, I have no idea.

Apparently, TLR and Sammy Hagar have some history:

https://fullinbloom.com/sammy-hagar-tony-la-russa-showing-me-how-to-throw-a-baseball-properly-flashback-friday-2007/

https://patch.com/california/walnutcreek/calendar/event/20210311/995064/tony-la-russa-s-arf-stars-to-rescue-virtual-2021-walnut-creek

"Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF) once again brings a dynamic mix of talent with the 30th annual Stars to the Rescue, this time in an all-new virtual format. 

"This year’s star-studded show features musicians and comedians from the past 29 years of Stars to the Rescue for a special reunion special, including Gloria Estefan, Luke Combs, Trace Adkins, Sammy Hagar & The Circle, Bruce Hornsby, The Doobie Brothers, and more! "

Maybe the guy offered to buy him a beer and didn't realize that SW wasn't serving beer. Or, maybe he offered to buy him a beer after they got off the plane. Or maybe he's just one of those people who seem to reflexively offer to buy people beer to be friendly.

But once again we will defer to your omniscience and ability to definitively make claims after being presented with only shreds of evidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, skooch said:

Well, it's not beyond belief that a person wouldn't want to have their 80th birthday bash in the middle of covid. Maybe they feel better about the situation and decided to have it now. Why not in July, you ask? Well, with so many baseball people involved in it, it's also reasonable to think that they would wait until after the World Series. Didn't that just end?

No MLB manager would say those things in the media. How they talk in person off the record, I have no idea.

https://fullinbloom.com/sammy-hagar-tony-la-russa-showing-me-how-to-throw-a-baseball-properly-flashback-friday-2007/

https://patch.com/california/walnutcreek/calendar/event/20210311/995064/tony-la-russa-s-arf-stars-to-rescue-virtual-2021-walnut-creek

"Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF) once again brings a dynamic mix of talent with the 30th annual Stars to the Rescue, this time in an all-new virtual format. 

"This year’s star-studded show features musicians and comedians from the past 29 years of Stars to the Rescue for a special reunion special, including Gloria Estefan, Luke Combs, Trace Adkins, Sammy Hagar & The Circle, Bruce Hornsby, The Doobie Brothers, and more! "

Maybe the guy offered to buy him a beer and didn't realize that SW wasn't serving beer. Or, maybe he offered to buy him a beer after they got off the plane. Or maybe he's just one of those people who seem to reflexively offer to buy people beer to be friendly.

But once again we will defer to your omniscience and ability to definitively make claims after being presented with only shreds of evidence.

rock-clapping.gif

1 hour ago, skooch said:

Lol what?  Yes, I'm sure larussa told this fan that rodon was done with the team. 

I'm sure this entire story happened, because on the internet everything is true and real. 

You got me. Way to put me in my place for casting doubt on a story. You have defended that man's honor and I commend you for that. You are an amazing person. 

He says in his own story he offered to buy him a beer on the plane and then again after. You seem to know more about the situation than the guy who was "there."

Ps. Sorry for calling your dad a liar.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol what?  Yes, I'm sure larussa told this fan that rodon was done with the team. 

I'm sure this entire story happened, because on the internet everything is true and real. 

You got me. Way to put me in my place for casting doubt on a story. You have defended that man's honor and I commend you for that. You are an amazing person. 

He says in his own story he offered to buy him a beer on the plane and then again after. You seem to know more about the situation than the guy who was "there."

Ps. Sorry for calling your dad a liar.

You didn't "cast doubt". You essentially called him a liar. Learn the difference. I don't have any idea if it happened and neither do you. You come across as such an arrogant ass.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Maybe the 80th birthday was delayed because of covid? Tony seems like a really friendly guy by all accounts. Story seems legit.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1