Update from TLR, via some guy who sat next to him on a Southwest flight

Green Line

30 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Crazy story.

I was just on a cross-continent Amtrak train for 2 days with Ray Ray's mom. She told me he used to wet the bed until high school. I offered to buy her a beer but she said she only prefers "the hard stuff." Nice lady.

Did “look here, pal…” start the conversation?

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Crazy story.

I was just on a cross-continent Amtrak train for 2 days with Ray Ray's mom. She told me he used to wet the bed until high school. I offered to buy her a beer but she said she only prefers "the hard stuff." Nice lady.

58 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Shemale? 

This is excellent humor. You two should start booking a tour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Southwest isn't serving alcohol right now.

Torre is 81 and his birthday was in July.

No mlb manager is going to say a player is gone or that a lock out is happening.

Gotta wonder why people like this make up stories online. 

I was there it's all true. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Crazy story.

I know Tony has become a father like figure to you so my words hit you very close to home, but there's no need to bring my family into your fantastical stories.

• Like 5

Let's get real with Tony he's just from the wrong century. Teams have been charting hitters since Abner invented foul lines and Abe was in office. The remaining org structure needs to impose their will. eg Ask TA how many grounders got by while he was shading to 3B. Logic and reason must carry the day at all costs. 

I always find it amazing when people are lucky enough to sit by a celebrity or somebody like Tony, get that person to tell them some things and then go blab everything to the world.

It just seems kind of inappropriate to me. Just say you sat next to LaRussa and he said some interesting things and leave it at that with a picture. People never cease to amaze. Tony probably shouldn't have given the fan a Rodon update but the fan also could show some class and not repeat everything Tony said. Just my take. I've had a couple occasions in which I've run into somebody well known in a captive audience situation and they've told me some interesting stuff that I wouldn't just blab to the world.

Edited by greg775

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

I always find it amazing when people are lucky enough to sit by a celebrity or somebody like Tony, get that person to tell them some things and then go blab everything to the world.

It just seems kind of inappropriate to me. Just say you sat next to LaRussa and he said some interesting things and leave it at that with a picture. People never cease to amaze. Tony probably shouldn't have given the fan a Rodon update but the fan also could show some class and not repeat everything Tony said. Just my take. I've had a couple occasions in which I've run into somebody well known in a captive audience situation and they've told me some interesting stuff that I wouldn't just blab to the world.

Huge scandal tmrw if Rodon isn't offered the QO and TLR telegraphed it ahead of time to a random SWA ticket buyer.

Of course, that's much more likely than TLR saying they have the basic framework in place for a 2-3 year extension.

Edited by caulfield12

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Greg, you have a point, but public figures should be aware of this. We live in a celebrity society, and people can't resist talking about meeting one. If I was Tony, I would only say things I didn't care were repeated. That's just reality. Otherwise, I don't put too much into this conversation. I am waiting for actions, not words.