Update from TLR, via some guy who sat next to him on a Southwest flight

Green Line

On 11/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, skooch said:

Well, it's not beyond belief that a person wouldn't want to have their 80th birthday bash in the middle of covid. Maybe they feel better about the situation and decided to have it now. Why not in July, you ask? Well, with so many baseball people involved in it, it's also reasonable to think that they would wait until after the World Series. Didn't that just end?

No MLB manager would say those things in the media. How they talk in person off the record, I have no idea.

Apparently, TLR and Sammy Hagar have some history:

https://fullinbloom.com/sammy-hagar-tony-la-russa-showing-me-how-to-throw-a-baseball-properly-flashback-friday-2007/

https://patch.com/california/walnutcreek/calendar/event/20210311/995064/tony-la-russa-s-arf-stars-to-rescue-virtual-2021-walnut-creek

"Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF) once again brings a dynamic mix of talent with the 30th annual Stars to the Rescue, this time in an all-new virtual format. 

"This year’s star-studded show features musicians and comedians from the past 29 years of Stars to the Rescue for a special reunion special, including Gloria Estefan, Luke Combs, Trace Adkins, Sammy Hagar & The Circle, Bruce Hornsby, The Doobie Brothers, and more! "

Maybe the guy offered to buy him a beer and didn't realize that SW wasn't serving beer. Or, maybe he offered to buy him a beer after they got off the plane. Or maybe he's just one of those people who seem to reflexively offer to buy people beer to be friendly.

But once again we will defer to your omniscience and ability to definitively make claims after being presented with only shreds of evidence.

I'm not sure where this falls on the spectrum of evidence but it's pretty clear that Tony's head is photoshopped into that photo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Once Rodon signs on the dotted line with another team, then you can feel free to rip on Ray Ray and whoever else here who doubted the guy lol.

If the guy is claiming to be the man in the photograph (Sammy Hagar), does that mean Sammy Hagar is the anonymous source? He referred to himself in this person so he wouldn't out himself. It makes sense when you think about it. 

Ray ray owes some people in this thread, and Sammy Hagar an apology. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I agree, and have worked in the Graphic Art's industry for over 40 years.

I also agree that we are wasting time in this thread by commenting on it.

I saw a shopped studio image of Scarlett Johansson a while back. Too bad it wasn't genuine. Great pic though - very convincing. The newest tech on faking images is pretty impressive, until you start considering the implications - ref: a recent 60 Minutes story on the subject.

2 hours ago, FoxForce2 said:

I saw a shopped studio image of Scarlett Johansson a while back. Too bad it wasn't genuine. Great pic though - very convincing. The newest tech on faking images is pretty impressive, until you start considering the implications - ref: a recent 60 Minutes story on the subject.

If you look at the top of Tony's head and you can tell it was cut in, it looks like a helmet head without any fly away hairs.  If that was real you would be able to see strands of hair.  

4 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

If you look at the top of Tony's head and you can tell it was cut in, it looks like a helmet head without any fly away hairs.  If that was real you would be able to see strands of hair.  

Black cap dude's top isn't all that black either. There is/was a logo of some kind that has been darkened with an editing marker - the faded logo can still be made out - looks like a stain.