Where could Kimbrel be traded, and for what?

caulfield12

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

I was sure this was a fake insider based off that name.  And yes, give me McNeil if the Mets are signing Baez

I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen Nimmo's name once so far when talking about trades . It's his last year before he becomes a free agent perhaps that's why.

He also can't ever seem to play over 100 games. Had a real nice fWar for only 92 games. Guess they will hold onto him unless it becomes apparent they aren't competing at the trade deadline. Can we offer Cespedes and Yolbert Sanchez and see if they nibble ?

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Will be interesting to see if there is really competition here, do they focus more on a win now package,  or something to load up the system a bit more.

With *this* move, I'd like to see a package that adds more pieces to help us in the future, and then our "win now" moves are big FAs. We can achieve both our goals through different mechanisms.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

With *this* move, I'd like to see a package that adds more pieces to help us in the future, and then our "win now" moves are big FAs. We can achieve both our goals through different mechanisms.

I think so too.  I think all the people writing off the Kimbrel option pickup are going to be super surprised with the quality of return he brings. 

This isnt a bad contract for bad contract situation.  

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I don’t think there is a difference, get whatever they like most. You can always repackage the prospects - turn it into a Bassett, Castillo, Montas, etc

I think acquiring upper minors pitching prospects that haven't debuted yet to upgrade on Lambert/Stiever would make a lot of sense, too. I'm not sure if that'd be classified as win now or not even though players like that could help in 2022.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen Nimmo's name once so far when talking about trades . It's his last year before he becomes a free agent perhaps that's why.

He also can't ever seem to play over 100 games. Had a real nice fWar for only 92 games. Guess they will hold onto him unless it becomes apparent they aren't competing at the trade deadline. Can we offer Cespedes and Yolbert Sanchez and see if they nibble ?

Nimmo is really nice but one year for 2 high-quality future players is a heavy payout.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think acquiring upper minors pitching prospects that haven't debuted yet to upgrade on Lambert/Stiever would make a lot of sense, too. I'm not sure if that'd be classified as win now or not even though players like that could help in 2022.

Unfortunately the teams mentioned aren’t ideal there. I do wonder …would Philly part with Eflins risk? Would Sox take it?

Always felt like he had a lot more in there and I think Katz has shown promise in his teaching, and harnessing guys with more break.

I wish Phillies still had spencer howard