Where could Kimbrel be traded, and for what?

caulfield12

5 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Scott kingery got a private guy named schenck. He is a pool hall owner who made himself known by insulting everyone on Twitter and in internet forums which all banned him. 

That guy had success with Aaron Judge but most guys who worked with him strike out a ton (judge too but he has enough power and patience to make it worse). 

He claims to be the only guy who understands a magic elite swing pattern and fights with everyone who disagrees with him and he has a little cult of followers. 

They basically teach extreme lean back over the rear leg and then turn the handle of the bat straight down which means they can hit pitches down well but nothing in the upper half

Jason ochart from the Phillies said that mlb teams try to prevent their guys from working with him because of that but he had success with judge so that attracts some guys who want to hit for more power. 

Most end up like kingery or happ though unless they have extreme power and plate discipline to make that approach work

That guy's a clown. I can't wait to watch the video from last weeks hitting clinic where he was exposed for the fraud he is.  

13 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Scott kingery got a private guy named schenck. He is a pool hall owner who made himself known by insulting everyone on Twitter and in internet forums which all banned him. 

That guy had success with Aaron Judge but most guys who worked with him strike out a ton (judge too but he has enough power and patience to make it worse). 

He claims to be the only guy who understands a magic elite swing pattern and fights with everyone who disagrees with him and he has a little cult of followers. 

They basically teach extreme lean back over the rear leg and then turn the handle of the bat straight down which means they can hit pitches down well but nothing in the upper half

Jason ochart from the Phillies said that mlb teams try to prevent their guys from working with him because of that but he had success with judge so that attracts some guys who want to hit for more power. 

Most end up like kingery or happ though unless they have extreme power and plate discipline to make that approach work

this is great stuff, had on idea.

I hope for his sake that Kevin Long can bring him some success.

4 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

This was my hope as well. Or if the Dodgers want to give us something meaningful. 

The Dodgers are loaded with LH position players with varying degrees of worth and versatility Lux, Beaty, McKinstry, Outman (AA), Carson Taylor (Bats: S, A+)

One thing I notice about the Dodgers and I have no idea if it's part of their philosophy or if it's just my imagination, they seem to draft a lot of LH position players. To me this makes a lot of sense . With so many RH pitchers you are likely to get more value in later round draft picks who are LH. They adjust to the minors quicker and put up better numbers facing RHP.

32 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The Dodgers are loaded with LH position players with varying degrees of worth and versatility Lux, Beaty, McKinstry, Outman (AA), Carson Taylor (Bats: S, A+)

One thing I notice about the Dodgers and I have no idea if it's part of their philosophy or if it's just my imagination, they seem to draft a lot of LH position players. To me this makes a lot of sense . With so many RH pitchers you are likely to get more value in later round draft picks who are LH. They adjust to the minors quicker and put up better numbers facing RHP.

Let's hope Colson Montgomery can have same ease moving up.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So let’s pretend this is legit, are you thinking Segura, Marchan, & maybe Moniak or a low end reliever?  I’d rather take a flyer on Mickey as my AAA outfield depth than Rutherford, but prefer any live arm with options.

Yeah sounds it would be something like that.  Not really excited about it but willing to wait to see what happens after.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

He is still developing but sounds like a promising defensive catcher, lotsa contact but zero pop. 

Shit, he’s been a top 10 Phillies prospect for three straight years.  Honestly, I think if we can get him and are prepared to spend $190M+ then I’d be all about that trade even if Segura isn’t a perfect fit IMO.

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For some background, this guy is apparently a Padres insider (no idea if a good one or not, but he is followed by NSC…lol).  Those tweets started by him saying the Padres looked into Kimbrel but aren’t as aggressive as other teams.  Then it morphed into this:

Sounds like a better return than what has been talked about. Maybe Keuchel is included.

Edited by maloney.adam