Where could Kimbrel be traded, and for what?

caulfield12

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Why are we taking some random Padres accounts words as gospel? Have they gotten stuff right before? Or is this just to start a hypothetical conversation?

I literally said take with a major grain of salt.  Just figured it’s worth sharing to drive some conservation since we don’t know if this dude is a total fraud or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Segura and Marchan don't seem like "nuts" to me. Two undesireable pieces with onerous salaries being exchanged and they're throwing in a little something else....big deal.

Marchan is an undesirable piece?  Dude is a current top 10 prospect who makes the league minimum.  He should have some real value.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t even know what a realistic “nuts” trade by the Phillies could be.  Taking on Keuchel would be it or including Abel and Stott.

My thought as well. They are a major stars and scrubs team. The bummer to me continues to be howard already gone.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Marchan is an undesirable piece?  Dude is a current top 10 prospect who makes the league minimum.  He should have some real value.

I was referring to Segura as the undesireable piece considering his handedness/results vs RHP and salary obligation.

Kimbrel is the other undesireable piece. 

7 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I could see Dombrowski valuing Kimbrel more than others because he knows how routine centered he is.

The Phillies have always made the most sense, but I’m still skeptical they’d give up a crazy package for one year of Kimbrel.  But “crazy” could be relative and perhaps this dude (if legit) thinks Segura is a big-time piece.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Phillies have always made the most sense, but I’m still skeptical they’d give up a crazy package for one year of Kimbrel.  But “crazy” could be relative and perhaps this dude (if legit) thinks Segura is a big-time piece.

I get a feeling I’ll be eating some crow on the return… being so upset at the end of our season, I figured he could be had for three cents…

But I also wanted us to flat out not pick up his option and use our coin elsewhere.

Urg.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Well if that guy is right, then 3 major league names involved.  That leaves room for some like, say, Keuchel to be included in the deal.   And I could see Dombrowski wanting a starter and closer with playoff experience 

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fegan mentioned today that the price for relievers is bonkers, and that’s for set-up those guys. I actually think Kimbrel could get more than 16 as a FA.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Well if that guy is right, then 3 major league names involved.  That leaves room for some like, say, Keuchel to be included in the deal.   And I could see Dombrowski wanting a starter and closer with playoff experience 

Marchan and Moniak could easily be considered major leaguers 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fegan mentioned today that the price for relievers is bonkers, and that’s for set-up those guys. I actually think Kimbrel could get more than 16 as a FA.

Yeah, I could seeing Iglesias get a massive contract, which makes Kimbrel a pretty nice alternative on a one year deal.

50 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

MLB top 10 or Phillies top 10?
This guy kind of looks appropriate for a Kimbrel trade, either solo or perhaps the Sox would have to take Segura (not ideal).

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Names I’ve heard mentioned in regards to Phillies talks with White Sox: Jean Segura obviously. Rafael Marchan, Moniak, Kingery and Jose Alverado. I’d be good with Segura, Alverado and Marchan. Moniak is pointless 

Alvarado has great stuff but can’t throw strikes consistently to save his life. Maybe they view him as a guy who would benefit by working with Katz.

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Names I’ve heard mentioned in regards to Phillies talks with White Sox: Jean Segura obviously. Rafael Marchan, Moniak, Kingery and Jose Alverado. I’d be good with Segura, Alverado and Marchan. Moniak is pointless 

Thanks James!  You think there might be some real momentum for a Phillies trade?

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

I get a feeling I’ll be eating some crow on the return… being so upset at the end of our season, I figured he could be had for three cents…

But I also wanted us to flat out not pick up his option and use our coin elsewhere.

Urg.

crow.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Love 1