Conforto rejects QO, enters free agency

bmags

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Highly doubt the Sox lock up anyone at all by Dec.1st. I don't see much of anything happening with the Sox until after the new CBA is agreed on whenever that may be.

Conforto is Boras. If Conforto is expected to get near $20 for 4 or 5 years, he's not coming here period.

I am just hoping it is a really fun 11/30, but you are probably right. Deadlines are good.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Highly doubt the Sox lock up anyone at all by Dec.1st. I don't see much of anything happening with the Sox until after the new CBA is agreed on whenever that may be.

Conforto is Boras. If Conforto is expected to get near $20M for 4 or 5 years, he's not coming here period.

I saw I got a laugh emoji for this so I had to check if Conforto signed with the Sox. No he didn't . So I laugh at your laugh emoji.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

All I want for Christmas, is youuuuu (Conforto)

Why?  I just don't get it.  I look at his stats, and I'm not excited.  You have probably seen him play more than I have, I would be interested in why you like him so much.

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Why?  I just don't get it.  I look at his stats, and I'm not excited.  You have probably seen him play more than I have, I would be interested in why you like him so much.

Look at his stats vs. RHP. In his career, he is a .265 hitter, but with a .371 OBP and a .502 SLG% and with an acceptable SO rate.

It's even better, in recent years. He could quite possibly be our best hitter vs. RHP. It's enough for me to get "excited".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

His bat is every bit as good as Moncada's when he is healthy. His defense ain't it though. 

Sadly, Moncada hasn't shown us the bat we expected.  Conforto is pretty easily been a better hitter over their careers.  

OPS - Conforto = 824.  Moncada = 784.

OPS+ Conforto = 124. Moncada = 113

More power, more on base. and left handed.  Gimme Conforto for our lineup

14 hours ago, oldsox said:

What is there not to like?  He's 25% above average hitter in his career.  He works counts ands takes talks.  He bats from the left side.  He's legitimately exactly what we need.