Qualifying Offer Tracker

South Side Hit Men

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/early-qualifying-offer-decisions.html

Of the 14 players receiving QOs, the players I can see likely to consider accepting are:

• Raisel Iglesias, as that’s likely higher than any AAV he can expect, and opens up unrestricted (no lost pick) FA next year.
  • Brandon Belt - just don’t see looking to give him a multi year contract over $18.4M including a draft pick.
  • The two injured pitchers, Syndergaard and Verlander. Can reset their value with healthy 2022 performances if they like the organizations they are currently with.

Castellanos, Conforto and Seager already rejected, with Correa, Freeman, Ray, Semien and Story superlocks to reject; with Taylor and Rodriguez likely to Fly the Coop.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Players 5 (Castellanos; Conforto; Rodriguez; Seager; Semien)

Teams 0

Pending: 9

White Sox: No Qualifying Offer Rodon ($18.4M) Yes Team Option Kimbrel ($16.0M)

If Eduardo Rodriguez is more confident than Boras/Rodon getting a multi-year deal off his 2021....not sure what to say, just an unforced error.

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Players 5 (Castellanos; Conforto; Rodriguez; Seager; Semien)

Teams 0

Pending: 9

White Sox: No Qualifying Offer Rodon ($18.4M) Yes Team Option Kimbrel ($16.0M)

Why is Kimbrel’s option being listed here?  Are you really that angry at the front office that you need to throw shade at any and all opportunity?  Like this is a great idea for a thread, but I guess it’s too much to ask you to keep your emotional subtext out of it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why is Kimbrel’s option being listed here?  Are you really that angry at the front office that you need to throw shade at any and all opportunity?  Like this is a great idea for a thread, but I guess it’s too much to ask you to keep your emotional subtext out of it.

Nothing "emotional" about it. It's the two key options the team faced. I agreed with one of the two decisions, didn't note which one.

The only person throwing "shade" is your response.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Nothing "emotional" about it. It's the two key options the team faced. I agreed with one of the two decisions, didn't note which one.

The only person throwing "shade" is your response.

You didn’t answer my question.  Why is it included in a thread about QO’s?

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

In addition to the Syndergaard signing, the Angels are reportedly pursuing Justin Verlander, though I'll leave him in the pending slot for now.

One + more days until the full free agent market is confirmed.

Players 9 (Castellanos; Conforto; Correa, Rodriguez; Seager; Semien, Story, SyndergaardTaylor)

Teams 0

Pending: 5 (Belt, Freeman, Iglesias, Ray, Verlander).

Edited by South Side Hit Men

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Belt & Iglesias seem like the only two who might take it.  Honestly, would be awesome if Iglesias takes it and removes the top reliever off the market.

At first I thought this (in my OP), but with the activity the past week, I think both will get multi-year (2-3) deals for an AAV in the ballpark ($15M -$18M) of the QO if they reject it. Several owners have opened up the purse strings early in the process.

And Brandon Belt is likely the only player to accept a QO.

Pending final confirmation

Players 13 (Castellanos; Conforto; Correa, Freeman; Iglesias; Ray; Rodriguez; Seager; Semien, Story, Syndergaard, Taylor; Verlander)

Teams 1 (Belt)

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Do you mind sharing the medicals with the rest of us?

Ask Hahn. It's my opinion. You got yours I got mine. Last I saw he threw 99 in the Sox last game of the season. Would Rodon start that playoff game if there was anything wrong with him ? Would the Sox start him in a do or die game if he was injured ?

I think I'm closer to the truth than you are. You share the medicals that say he is damaged goods.

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ask Hahn. It's my opinion. You got yours I got mine. Last I saw he threw 99 in the Sox last game of the season. Would Rodon start that playoff game if there was anything wrong with him ? Would the Sox start him in a do or die game if he was injured ?

I think I'm closer to the truth than you are. You share the medicals that say he is damaged goods.

I’ve never said that he’s damaged, just saying the Sox are the closest to his medicals and passed on extending a QO.  They didn’t do this because they are cheap…clearly they were worried about something.  Doesn’t mean they weren’t wrong, but it’s too early to say that.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ve never said that he’s damaged, just saying the Sox are the closest to his medicals and passed on extending a QO.  They didn’t do this because they are cheap…clearly they were worried about something.  Doesn’t mean they weren’t wrong, but it’s too early to say that.

Hahn said "we made the assessment based on everything we know, which includes our needs and our other targets, that that wasn't an offer we were comfortable making at this time."

He also said "We have not ruled out him returning," Hahn said. "He knows that. Scott knows that. We'll see how his market unfolds and what the options are for us over the coming months.