2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

Just now, fathom said:

Reynolds was the one I was thinking of.  Sox would have to add a few prospects also it would seem.  I would do it.

I have this nagging feeling we are going to Nomar Mazara this and trade for Santander

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Reynolds was the one I was thinking of.  Sox would have to add a few prospects also it would seem.  I would do it.

I don't see the players or prospects in the organization to win a bidding war for Reynolds. Would Crochet, Burger/Jose Rodriguez, and one of the Kanny pitchers be enough to get it done? Would the Sox want to deal Crochet when he's such a vital part of the pitching staff? He seems like a tough guy for the Sox to acquire, but I'd love to see it happen.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't see the players or prospects in the organization to win a bidding war for Reynolds. Would Crochet, Burger/Jose Rodriguez, and one of the Kanny pitchers be enough to get it done? Would the Sox want to deal Crochet when he's such a vital part of the pitching staff? He seems like a tough guy for the Sox to acquire, but I'd love to see it happen.

I think you’re looking Vaughn + Crochet as a starting point TBH.  Burger is a nice little piece, but don’t think he moves the needle much for someone like Reynolds.  The Pirates have little reason to move him now unless you make it worth their while.

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

The team loves corner bats. Schwarber in RF with Burger at 2B. Play softball! I mean ball.

If Vaughn/Sheets isn't good enough defensively...I sure don't know why Schwarber would be adequate.  Schwarber has about as good a chance of making this team as I do.

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

They always are. 

Hahn meant it when he said they'd have a seat at the table, damnit. Whether that ever leads to them actually signing a ~100M caliber player (or in Scherzer's case, potentially record setting AAV), well....

Edited by maxjusttyped