2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

6 hours ago, bmags said:

I think we can all just congratulate Cali for proposing a nice trade last year 

@Flash deserves lots of credit for sticking his neck out as much as he did on Burnes. It isn't easy taking heat on here when you run contrary to popular opinion. There are some people who can do it with grace. I am not one of them.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Because the trade didn't happen. That's the not Cishek logic. He was bragging about his insiderness stating the exact same thing. He brought back an old tweet. The problem was he gave 2 choices, that supposed trade that didn't happen, and signing Cahill. That, thankfully, didn't happen either. 

I admire that some of you can remember what some other poster was saying in years gone by.  It's hard for me to remember what I was thinking a year ago.  Other than about Madrigal of course.

43 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

@Flash deserves lots of credit for sticking his neck out as much as he did on Burnes. It isn't easy taking heat on here when you run contrary to popular opinion. There are some people who can do it with grace. I am not one of them.

Thanks Cali - I must have gotten into the liquor cabinet during that thread. 

• Like 1

I see that the Cards are closing a deal with Matz for $11 mil/3-4 yr. I don't recall seeing any Sox interest in him, but I'd like to have a solid middle rotation LH SP in the mix.  I don't see much interest from Hahn on Stroman either, he's a bit pricey and a ground ball pitcher but durable and reliable within his zone. What is Hahn looking at in a SP? If at all?

Edited by FoxForce2

3 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

I see that the Cards are closing a deal with Matz for $11 mil/3-4 yr. I don't recall seeing any Sox interest in him, but I'd like to have a solid middle rotation LH SP in the mix.  I don't see much interest from Hahn on Stroman either, he's a bit pricey and a ground ball pitcher but durable and reliable within his zone. What is Hahn looking at in a SP? If at all?

I wasn't that excited about Matz but for $11/year, I would have been fine with that.

4 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I wasn't that excited about Matz but for $11/year, I would have been fine with that.

I think they are aiming higher than Matz for rotation help.

56 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dude is almost certainly a fraud, but I think he’s right on our interest in Conforto.

How could there not be significant interest, frankly from both sides.  Its a match made in heaven.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

How could there not be significant interest, frankly from both sides.  Its a match made in heaven.  

Fully agree, but Sox leaked out their “interest” in Semien and not Conforto.  Just pointing out that’s likely misdirection and I would assume Conforto is the priority.

12 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

Matz and Stroman are nice pitchers but the Sox need a DUDE in game 1 of a playoff series who can match up against these powerhouse AL lineups and those two ain't it.  Max or bust.

• Like 1

Jesse Rogers on the White Sox Talk Podcast said he thinks the Sox are “closer to pushing all in” than they have been in the past decade.  Pointed out adding a big left-handed bat is a huge priority with Schwarber & Conforto guys he’s heard they are exploring.  Also said they will certainly address 2B (exploring many options), SP (hasn’t heard them connected to the top free agents), and RP (threw out bringing back Tepera as a possibility).  Didn’t rule out Semien at 2B, but feels it’s unlikely given him being RH (acknowledged he does hit RHP) and what should be a substantial price point.  He pointed to Escobar being the more logical solution via free agency if adding a big LH bat elsewhere.  Chuck then threw out the Kimbrel for Segura hypothetical and Rogers didn’t completely rule it out, but didn’t feel like it was something the Sox would aggressively pursue.

• Like 2

Jesse Rogers on Our Chuck said the sox are aggressive but he has not heard they are swimming in the waters for the top tier pitchers, and specifically mentioned Max as the group he's talking about.

They legit had a portion talking about Rizzo which I nearly puked but a lotta Schwarber talk.

So with that, and this is not me saying "CHECK THIS HOT STUFF", what do we make of this plausible offseason. I do see it as a white sox tendency, they love paying for offense and seem to love that DHs offense comes cheaper without much concern for the why.

Adds: Schwarber 4 for 80, Leury back at 2nd, Joc at RF, Graveman, and uehr...Kluber? Paxton? Some older guy they say with hot experience.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Jesse Rogers on the White Sox Talk Podcast said he thinks the Sox are “closer to pushing all in” than they have been in the past decade.  Pointed out adding a big left-handed bat is a huge priority with Schwarber & Conforto guys he’s heard they are exploring.  Also said they will certainly address 2B (exploring many options), SP (hasn’t heard them connected to the top free agents), and RP (threw out bringing back Tepera as a possibility).  Didn’t rule out Semien at 2B, but feels it’s unlikely given him being RH (acknowledged he does hit RHP) and what should be a substantial price point.  He pointed to Escobar being the more logical solution via free agency if adding a big LH bat elsewhere.  Chuck then threw out the Kimbrel for Segura hypothetical and Rogers didn’t completely rule it out, but didn’t feel like it was something the Sox would aggressively pursue.

Glad we are on the exact, exact same schedule.

• Haha 2

Just now, bmags said:

Jesse Rogers on Our Chuck said the sox are aggressive but he has not heard they are swimming in the waters for the top tier pitchers, and specifically mentioned Max as the group he's talking about.

They legit had a portion talking about Rizzo which I nearly puked but a lotta Schwarber talk.

So with that, and this is not me saying "CHECK THIS HOT STUFF", what do we make of this plausible offseason. I do see it as a white sox tendency, they love paying for offense and seem to love that DHs offense comes cheaper without much concern for the why.

Adds: Schwarber 4 for 80, Leury back at 2nd, Joc at RF, Graveman, and uehr...Kluber? Paxton? Some older guy they say with hot experience.

Lol…we are clearing doing the exact same thing at the same exact time this morning.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Gosh that offseason would suck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I think it would amount to Vaughn being dealt for someone to upgrade the rotation.

Gio, Lynn, Cease, Kopech, Gray/Basset

Hendricks, Graveman, Bummer, Tephera, Crochet, Ruiz, Lopez, +

Anderson, Robert, Abreu, Schwarber, Eloy, Grandal, Moncada, Joc, Garcia

Doesn’t sound bad to me. Sub Conforto for Joc and it sounds a lot better. 

Edited by hi8is

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I don't know. It isn't a pretty list. But I also think we are undercutting our own talent a lot in this.

The cool thing about Schwarber is 2021 schwarber, if you get him, was a one man wrecking crew that essentially solves our LHH issues and groundball issues in one swoop. He's so good that it's like  an "eff yo plans" kinda addition. 

I think including Joc is probably wrong, and maybe swap Escobar in.

Okay mentally delete that post. Let's start over.
Schwarber ($20M)
Escobar ($10M)
WE go in with RF of Sheets/Vaughn/Eloy/Engel as our corners for the year.
Graveman ($8 M)
Kluber? Hamels? Happ? ($10M)

That would put us at around $185M for the year with Kimbrell traded for full $16M

Plausible.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Good lord what an awful offseason that would be.  

• Like 1