2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

The general standard fielding numbers that are right there. Im referring to fielding percentage, rtot, rdrs, etc.

He is asking you to copy paste them instead of saying "go look for yourself"

you know, prove your point 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

He is asking you to copy paste them instead of saying "go look for yourself"

you know, prove your point 

google is one tab over he's a big boy who can look at the numbers and interpret them himself. I want to hear his opinion on them, not a reflection of mine. Dunce

3 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

google is one tab over he's a big boy who can look at the numbers and interpret them himself. I want to hear his opinion on them, not a reflection of mine. Dunce

The burden of proof rests on you my man. Don't let that cap get you down

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Not as hard as backing up your own words, apparently. 

I have to hold your hand through the point of everything don't I? The point is, if you used google and went on to baseball references website, and did a little bit of scrolling and looking at "Standard Fielding",  the numbers under Fielding Percentage, RDRS, and RTOT would back up what I have said. It takes all of one minute to do that, while it would take much more time for me to look at all those numbers and do a side by side comparison on sox talk. And I don't care enough about the discussion to do anything remotely close to that. I can tell  you are over the age of 35 and don't quite understand the state of the internet, but this is how it works. Do your own research and fact check me if you think I'm wrong (I'm not the numbers are right in front of me) and come here and post about why I'm wrong

Edited by whitesoxwinner

40 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

The general standard fielding numbers that are right there. Im referring to fielding percentage, rtot, rdrs, etc.

Since 2017 Schwarber has been worth -11 DRS in LF (4,000 innings) while Conforto has been worth +1 in LF (1,100 innings).  Conforto has also been worth +2 in RF during that same time period (2,600 innings).  That includes Michael’s down, injury ridden 2021 that brought his cumulative DRS in RF down 4.  Unless I’m missing something, he’s been negative pretty much every year except the one where guys tested his arm and he racked up a ton of assists.  Regardless, it’s not comparable who the better defender and go look at OAA if you don’t believe as that will tell as even more convincing story.

7 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

hahahahaha I love when you interject

I'm the one who originally asked for your source and like a big boy I looked it up myself. Mr . Feelings is doing what he always does. All commenters had to do is their own work .

That being said Schwarber played LF and Conforto played RF so you can't project what Schwarber would do in RF .

OAA has Schwarber a -6 in LF and Conforto a +1.  OAA is Outs Above Average.  Edge Conforto by a large margin

DRS : Schwarber -5 , Conforto -4 Defensive Runs Saved  .  Edge Conforto.  Usally bad OF's get worse the more innings they play so if Schwarber had as many innings as Conforto he is likely slightly worse than the -5.

UZR150 : Schwarber - 6.3 ,Conforto -6.8.  Edge Schwarber but again the innings could make a difference.

Schwarber played 724 innings in LF, Conforto 956 in RF

Conforto had the best 3 yrs of his career from 2017-2019

Schwarbers best 3 yrs are slightly more recent 2018 ,19,21

Conforto's best years are better than Schwarbers best years.

Schwarber worst year with over 450PA was 2017. Conforto's worst season 2021.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm the one who originally asked for your source and like a big boy I looked it up myself. Mr . Feelings is doing what he always does. All commenters had to do is their own work .

That being said Schwarber played LF and Conforto played RF so you can't project what Schwarber would do in RF .

OAA has Schwarber a -6 in LF and Conforto a +1.  OAA is Outs Above Average.  Edge Conforto by a large margin

DRS : Schwarber -5 , Conforto -4 Defensive Runs Saved  .  Edge Conforto.  Usally bad OF's get worse the more innings they play so if Schwarber had as many innings as Conforto he is likely slightly worse than the -5.

UZR150 : Schwarber - 6.3 ,Conforto -6.8.  Edge Schwarber but again the innings could make a difference.

Schwarber played 724 innings in LF, Conforto 956 in RF

Conforto had the best 3 yrs of his career from 2017-2019

Schwarbers best 3 yrs are slightly more recent 2018 ,19,21

Conforto's best years are better than Schwarbers best years.

Schwarber worst year with over 450PA was 2017. Conforto's worst season 2021.

Are you including CF defense in those DRS & UZR150 numbers?

1 hour ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I have to hold your hand through the point of everything don't I? The point is, if you used google and went on to baseball references website, and did a little bit of scrolling and looking at "Standard Fielding",  the numbers under Fielding Percentage, RDRS, and RTOT would back up what I have said. It takes all of one minute to do that, while it would take much more time for me to look at all those numbers and do a side by side comparison on sox talk. And I don't care enough about the discussion to do anything remotely close to that. I can tell  you are over the age of 35 and don't quite understand the state of the internet, but this is how it works. Do your own research and fact check me if you think I'm wrong (I'm not the numbers are right in front of me) and come here and post about why I'm wrong

Ah yes, the last bastion of the lazy and uninformed.  "I don't care", and "do your own research".  Your posts show exactly both of these things to be true.  Yet, here you are arguing it, and not backing anything up with that research.  Of course it is everyone else's responsibility to take care of you and your mess.  I wouldn't expect anything more from your "content".  Run along son.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Are you including CF defense in those DRS & UZR150 numbers?

Nope UZR150 I looked up was in RF according to fangraphs where I found it under advanced fielding where they break it down by position.

DRS is fieldingbible.com and I clicked on the position as RF when i looked up Conforto's numbers and clicked on LF when I looked at Schwarber's.

As far as I can tell Conforto didnt play any CF in 2021and hasn't played CF at all since 2019.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ah yes, the last bastion of the lazy and uninformed.  "I don't care", and "do your own research".  Your posts show exactly both of these things to be true.  Yet, here you are arguing it, and not backing anything up with that research.  Of course it is everyone else's responsibility to take care of you and your mess.  I wouldn't expect anything more from your "content".  Run along son.

Did my own research and ended up in Qanon.