2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

41 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Does she not understand FA will freeze starting in a few days?

WTF.

Feel free to educate her this afternoon over some pumpkin pie, CWS.

/On the other hand, I don't want the whole pie to end up on your sweater so maybe not.

Lol…I did explain that free agency will be on pause for two months starting on the 2nd and she was a bit more understanding.  Ultimately she knew what she was signing up for when she married me and now has to live with those hot stove consequences 😁

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol…I did explain that free agency will be on pause for two months starting on the 2nd and she was a bit more understanding.  Ultimately she knew what she was signing up for when she married me and now has to live with those hot stove consequences 😁

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Stove_League_(TV_series)
You can watch this with her…just search the title and dramacool.  Then she will get it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Unfortunately you can only fake too many poo’s before people start asking questions

Just tell them your a chronic masturbator. That’s way better then continuously checking a White Sox message board. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think ReyLo may play a bigger part in 2022 than we have thought. We could be figuring to rely on him for rotation depth to float us into the trade deadline before reassessing our needs at that time.

This isn’t a bad “worst case scenario” for the first half:

Giolito, Lynn, Cease, DK, Kopech, Lopez 6th man / long man.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

I think ReyLo may play a bigger part in 2022 than we have thought. We could be figuring to rely on him for rotation depth to float us into the trade deadline before reassessing our needs at that time.

This isn’t a bad “worst case scenario” for the first half:

Giolito, Lynn, Cease, DK, Kopech, Lopez 6th man / long man.

The problem with him was he was reverting back to his previous form late in the season. But maybe an offseason and spring get him back. He is talented

49 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The problem with him was he was reverting back to his previous form late in the season. But maybe an offseason and spring get him back. He is talented

I think sox are learning more how to make heavy break pitchers like him more successful. I am actually very excited for how he can help. Maybe he’ll be like that 2008 swing man we all loved so much that I forgot his name

At this point this off season is Conforto or bust unfortunately. They aren’t signing one of the SS or TOR pitchers. Probably won’t sign Conforto either. They’ll trade Kimbrel for 2nd base and have a rotation in RF/DH between Sheets, Vaughn, and Engel. Then sign a bargain SP as a 5th/6th starter. YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.