2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

At this point this off season is Conforto or bust unfortunately. They aren’t signing one of the SS or TOR pitchers. Probably won’t sign Conforto either. They’ll trade Kimbrel for 2nd base and have a rotation in RF/DH between Sheets, Vaughn, and Engel. Then sign a bargain SP as a 5th/6th starter. YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE. 

That would be such a disappointing offseason in classic KW half-assed fashion.  And would be simply unacceptable. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

That would be such a disappointing offseason in classic KW half-assed fashion.  And would be simply unacceptable. 

I’ve come to accept disappointment. Remember our team is on the field. 

Edited by ShoeLessRob
  • Like 1

"You can't spend a dollar if you have only 50 cents."

It's not "half-assed", it's half-funded.

Not impressed in the "over-the-hill gang" additions Hahn assembled the past two years.

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

"You can't spend a dollar if you have only 50 cents."

It's not "half-assed", it's half-funded.

Not impressed in the "over-the-hill gang"additions Hahn assembled the past two years.

I’m fully aware of how the Sox have operated, thanks. 

No idea what the F your “over-the-hill gang" comment is even supposed to mean. 

I’m fully aware of how the Sox have operated, thanks. 

No idea what the F your “over-the-hill gang" comment is even supposed to mean. 

He’s talking about DK, Grandal, Eaton, etc.

Which I don’t agree with as a classification.

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

He’s talking about DK, Grandal, Eaton, etc.

Which I don’t agree with as a classification.

Eaton was a classic Sox waste on a crap player, but the other two hardly fit with the Yonder Alonso’s and Jon Jay’s of the world. 

27 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Eaton was a classic Sox waste on a crap player, but the other two hardly fit with the Yonder Alonso’s and Jon Jay’s of the world. 

Correct, the Over The Hill Gang are far more expensive than Alonso or Jay, where were just fillers. There are much better ways to spend $300M, then again this is Hahn we are talking about.

Still here

• $74M Keuchel Ages 32-35 0-1 8.10 ERA, so bad left off roster in 2021
  • $73M Grandal Ages 31-34 .605 OPS vs. Houston, coming off of two knee surgeries
  • $52M Hendriks Ages 32-35 The one deal which may work out, significantly lower AAV of the group
  • $47M Lynn Age 34-36 0-1 12.27 ERA, knee surgery TBD
  • $21M Kimbrel Ages 33-34 9.00 ERA, unnecessary option pickup, lost Heuer and Madrigal as well for this crap

Thankfully gone

• $12M Encarnacion Age 37 .000 OPS vs. Oakland
  • $8M Eaton Age 32 Cut in July
  • $5M Gonzalez Age 35 No soup playoffs for you

Paying guys top dollar at the end of their career is not the way to build a "multi-championship" team.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Get a grip.

Why get a grip when one could simply be both an insufferable whiner and a collosal prick? Free agency is over and the Sox are the worst. Everybody is stupid except for me. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

To me, I think he’s just naming a guy who has a high probability of being included in a trade to be able to claim he “called” it later.

Or say they went with a different “prospect” last minute.  I just find it funny the only name he’s saying now is a name no one cares about on either side.  Doesn’t make for a very “juicy” rumor.  

4 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Or say they went with a different “prospect” last minute.  I just find it funny the only name he’s saying now is a name no one cares about on either side.  Doesn’t make for a very “juicy” rumor.  

100% agree and I doubt are demanding Moniak be in the deal.  He’s nothing more then a throw in at this point in time.

If you really think about it, non of the AL playoff teams have really added any impact players to their rosters as of yet. The Sox signed Graveman but that’s really the only impact signing for an AL playoff team so far. The Rays signed Kluber but he’s almost at the end of his career. The Blue Jays signed Garcia but they weren’t a playoff team last year. 

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, maloney.adam said:

If you really think about it, non of the AL playoff teams have really added any impact players to their rosters as of yet. The Sox signed Graveman but that’s really the only impact signing for an AL playoff team so far. The Blue Jays signed Garcia but they weren’t a playoff team last year. 

Nah. The Astros and Rays don't need to be aggressive as they have been great for 5 years. The Yanks and other Sox have proven they will spend whatever it takes to win. The Tigers are on the cusp and have proven themselves to acquire elite talent when necessary. Seattle will spend money and Toronto is a wild card spender.