2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They have Davis, EE, Lindor for infield as of now with Alonso

but isn't davis atrocious at 3rd and everywhere but 1b? I hope it happens, but feels more realistic if they nabbed Baez which is unlikely now sitting at 263 and on their way to 280

McNeil gives the Mets depth at 2B and 3B, no reason for them to lose him and keep Cano for whatever, if anything, he has left. I can see them DFAing Cano if he doesn't show anything the first half, and just eating the rest of that pathetic deal (a net $20.75M for each of the next two years).

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Makes so much more sense to trade Kimbrel for McNeil, as I’m sure Mets don’t want to let Edwin Diaz close out games going forward.  Get McNeil, sign Castellanos or Conforto and wait until lockout is over 

How is Kimbrel any better than Edwin Diaz? Diaz is erratic, so is Kimbrel. Diaz is much younger and his stuff is still better.

• Like 1

I think our targets of Conforto and Rodon have a lot of reasons to both wait until later in the off-season. Since both have question marks, it makes sense for them both to wait until there are less options and more teams who are willing to pony up after being left alone at the ball.

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I think our targets of Conforto and Rodon have a lot of reasons to both wait until later in the off-season. Since both have question marks, it makes sense for them both to wait until there are less options and more teams who are willing to pony up after being left alone at the ball.

If the White Sox were actually serious about this, they could probably put an offer together that would get Conforto signed soon. You just have to realize that the response to every contract is "That's an overpay and I won't like the latter part of it". 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How is Kimbrel any better than Edwin Diaz? Diaz is erratic, so is Kimbrel. Diaz is much younger and his stuff is still better.

Listen, Kimbrel is a GREAT option, as long as you ONLY let him pitch the 9th, have exactly a 2 run lead, it isn't raining, the day is Tuesday-Thursday, and it is after Labor Day.

Its so easy to see.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Listen, Kimbrel is a GREAT option, as long as you ONLY let him pitch the 9th, have exactly a 2 run lead, it isn't raining, the day is Tuesday-Thursday, and it is after Labor Day.

Its so easy to see.

I’ll add: And if you didn’t trade Nick Madrigal to acquire him.

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If the White Sox were actually serious about this, they could probably put an offer together that would get Conforto signed soon. You just have to realize that the response to every contract is "That's an overpay and I won't like the latter part of it". 

I think we look at the money being paid today and the years and over think that the contract's are bad.  There NOT, or else the owners wouldn't be making them.  It's not hard to imagine with the cost of tickets, parking, and the price of anything in the ballpark ($8.00 for water, seriously)  and that's without mentioning the TV contracts and revenue from ads and signage that the owners are making a ton of money. Look-up how much Jerry paid for the Sox and what their worth today.  It's time Jerry stopped stuffing money under his mattress and started spending, however it's already too late as all the top free agents are disappearing quickly.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think Nick Madrigal is that good anyway, so no huge loss. In fact, I find it hilarious that most of the board laments his loss. I'm just glad he's not on the team. 

How can you make this comment?  We don't have a 2B.  Of course plugging Madrigal in at 2B and not having to worry about that position at all this offseason and for another 5 seasons is far far far far better than giving him away for virtually nothing.  Or 2B is Mendick or  Romy right now.  

I am all about waiting to see the entire picture, which we obviously don't have at this moment.  But as of now, saying you're glad he's not on the team is silly.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

How can you make this comment?  We don't have a 2B.  Of course plugging Madrigal in at 2B and not having to worry about that position at all this offseason and for another 5 seasons is far far far far better than giving him away for virtually nothing.  Or 2B is Mendick or  Romy right now.  

I am all about waiting to see the entire picture, which we obviously don't have at this moment.  But as of now, saying you're glad he's not on the team is silly.  

If Hernandez played with the Sox like he did in Cleveland that would have been an upgrade on Madrigal. 

Madrigal was not as advertised in the speed/baserunning/defense dept. He's a one tool player. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think Nick Madrigal is that good anyway, so no huge loss. In fact, I find it hilarious that most of the board laments his loss. I'm just glad he's not on the team. 

Mighty Mouse Big Dick Nickyy Two Strikes will make you come around to see the light and regret this sentiment.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Hernandez played with the Sox like he did in Cleveland that would have been an upgrade on Madrigal. 

Madrigal was not as advertised in the speed/baserunning/defense dept. He's a one tool player. 

How does Madrigal look, compared to our current second baseman?

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I still lament that we wasted a number 4 overall pick on a 5'7 ( with lifts ) second baseman who needs to hit well over 300 to make him passable.    

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1