2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Hernandez played with the Sox like he did in Cleveland that would have been an upgrade on Madrigal. 

Madrigal was not as advertised in the speed/baserunning/defense dept. He's a one tool player. 

Mmmmk.  Herandez was a SIZABLE downgrade on Madrigal before he got hurt, so that fun little hypothetical of yours is completely worthless.  Madrigal isn't a perfect player.  But he was a solid team fit, he was cheap for years, and while his speed/baserunning/defense where not as advertised, he certainly had the ability to improve there and as playing solid defense before the injury.  

Water under the bridge.  He's no longer a Sox cuz Hahn fucked up.  Is what it is.  But to say you're happy he's not around when we're in a significantly worse spot now than we would be with him is pretty funny.  We could trade Madrigal and Heuer for FARRRR more than 1 year $16M of Craig Kimbrel right now.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Mmmmk.  Herandez was a SIZABLE downgrade on Madrigal before he got hurt, so that fun little hypothetical of yours is completely worthless.  Madrigal isn't a perfect player.  But he was a solid team fit, he was cheap for years, and while his speed/baserunning/defense where not as advertised, he certainly had the ability to improve there and as playing solid defense before the injury.  

Water under the bridge.  He's no longer a Sox cuz Hahn fucked up.  Is what it is.  But to say you're happy he's not around when we're in a significantly worse spot now than we would be with him is pretty funny.  We could trade Madrigal and Heuer for FARRRR more than 1 year $16M of Craig Kimbrel right now.  

Disagree, like a lot. 

Madrigal sux. He belongs in the Clown Pajamas on the North Side. 

If he was never a Sox player and the Cubs drafted him we'd all be snickering at Cubs fans for thinking he's great. 

Nick Madrigal hits the emptiest .300 in the history of baseball. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I don't think anyone has actually put conforto and sox together, except y2jimmy, and even then it seemed like an informed hunch. Bruce was the one that highlighted sox with Boras, but mentioned Semien and Bryant (how it wouldn't be bryant)

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Disagree, like a lot. 

If he was never a Sox player and the Cubs drafted him we'd all be snickering at Cubs fans for thinking he's great. 

Well, stats disagree - like a lot.

Madrigal WAR in 2021 = 1.2 in 54 games

Hernandez WAR in 2021 (on Sox) = -0.7 in 52 games.

So just a 1.9 WAR swing in 1/3 of a season.  No biggie.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well, stats disagree - like a lot.

Madrigal WAR in 2021 = 1.2 in 54 games

Hernandez WAR in 2021 (on Sox) = -0.7 in 52 games.

So just a 1.9 WAR swing in 1/3 of a season.  No biggie.  

Despite that Hernandez still had a 2.2 WAR on the season. 

I said if he just continued what he was doing in Cleveland, he would have been an upgrade. I'm not saying he was an upgrade. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Despite that Hernandez still had a 2.2 WAR on the season. 

I said if he just continued what he was doing in Cleveland, he would have been an upgrade. I'm not saying he was an upgrade. 

But he didn't.  He was fucking terrible.  And Madrigal was on PACE for a 4 WAR season.  If we're dismissing 4 WAR players in pre-arb, well then, I guess we just have differences of opinions. Well, I already knew that.  

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Disagree, like a lot. 

Nick Madrigal had a higher ISO last year than:

Adam Frazier
Leury Garcia
Jeff McNeil
DJ Lamaheiu
Whit Merrifield

Just to name a few. This is why using phrases like "in the history of baseball" are hyperbolic nonsense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

But he didn't.  He was fucking terrible.  And Madrigal was on PACE for a 4 WAR season.  If we're dismissing 4 WAR players in pre-arb, well then, I guess we just have differences of opinions. Well, I already knew that.  

Steamer projects Madrigal for 2.1 WAR in 2022 and I think that's accurate and fair. 

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nick Madrigal had a higher ISO last year than:

Adam Frazier
Leury Garcia
Jeff McNeil
DJ Lamaheiu
Whit Merrifield

Just to name a few. This is why using phrases like "in the history of baseball" are hyperbolic nonsense. 

It was intended to be hyperbole. 

I don't like Madrigal and I don't think he's a good baseball player. 

Don't wish to discuss further, and kwitcherbitchin

Edited by Jack Parkman