Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

I still lament that we wasted a number 4 overall pick on a 5'7 ( with lifts ) second baseman who needs to hit well over 300 to make him passable.    

Same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Hernandez played with the Sox like he did in Cleveland that would have been an upgrade on Madrigal. 

Madrigal was not as advertised in the speed/baserunning/defense dept. He's a one tool player. 

Mmmmk.  Herandez was a SIZABLE downgrade on Madrigal before he got hurt, so that fun little hypothetical of yours is completely worthless.  Madrigal isn't a perfect player.  But he was a solid team fit, he was cheap for years, and while his speed/baserunning/defense where not as advertised, he certainly had the ability to improve there and as playing solid defense before the injury.  

Water under the bridge.  He's no longer a Sox cuz Hahn fucked up.  Is what it is.  But to say you're happy he's not around when we're in a significantly worse spot now than we would be with him is pretty funny.  We could trade Madrigal and Heuer for FARRRR more than 1 year $16M of Craig Kimbrel right now.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offseason plan....Keep Kimbrel but since he cannot setup and we already have the guy who has been the reliever of the year the last 2 seasons closing for us....Make Kimbrel an opener because.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Mmmmk.  Herandez was a SIZABLE downgrade on Madrigal before he got hurt, so that fun little hypothetical of yours is completely worthless.  Madrigal isn't a perfect player.  But he was a solid team fit, he was cheap for years, and while his speed/baserunning/defense where not as advertised, he certainly had the ability to improve there and as playing solid defense before the injury.  

Water under the bridge.  He's no longer a Sox cuz Hahn fucked up.  Is what it is.  But to say you're happy he's not around when we're in a significantly worse spot now than we would be with him is pretty funny.  We could trade Madrigal and Heuer for FARRRR more than 1 year $16M of Craig Kimbrel right now.  

Disagree, like a lot. 

Madrigal sux. He belongs in the Clown Pajamas on the North Side. 

If he was never a Sox player and the Cubs drafted him we'd all be snickering at Cubs fans for thinking he's great. 

Nick Madrigal hits the emptiest .300 in the history of baseball. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we've all seen this Jack act before, don't need to beat a dead horse.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

we've all seen this Jack act before, don't need to beat a dead horse.

Hall of Fame List!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone has actually put conforto and sox together, except y2jimmy, and even then it seemed like an informed hunch. Bruce was the one that highlighted sox with Boras, but mentioned Semien and Bryant (how it wouldn't be bryant)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

When

Long ago. Like last week. 😆

Funny that “a long time ago” is a week in transaction land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Disagree, like a lot. 

Madrigal sux. He belongs in the Clown Pajamas on the North Side. 

If he was never a Sox player and the Cubs drafted him we'd all be snickering at Cubs fans for thinking he's great. 

Nick Madrigal hits the emptiest .300 in the history of baseball. 

Well, stats disagree - like a lot.

Madrigal WAR in 2021 = 1.2 in 54 games

Hernandez WAR in 2021 (on Sox) = -0.7 in 52 games.

So just a 1.9 WAR swing in 1/3 of a season.  No biggie.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sleeping.... Are you sleeping.... 

 

 

Mr. Hahn. Mr Hahn is sleeping lalala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well, stats disagree - like a lot.

Madrigal WAR in 2021 = 1.2 in 54 games

Hernandez WAR in 2021 (on Sox) = -0.7 in 52 games.

So just a 1.9 WAR swing in 1/3 of a season.  No biggie.  

Despite that Hernandez still had a 2.2 WAR on the season. 

I said if he just continued what he was doing in Cleveland, he would have been an upgrade. I'm not saying he was an upgrade. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Despite that Hernandez still had a 2.2 WAR on the season. which means he was worth 2.9 WAR on Cleveland. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9MZodOvAuLecMIgL6pGr

If you look at that close enough, it will become a circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Despite that Hernandez still had a 2.2 WAR on the season. 

I said if he just continued what he was doing in Cleveland, he would have been an upgrade. I'm not saying he was an upgrade. 

But he didn't.  He was fucking terrible.  And Madrigal was on PACE for a 4 WAR season.  If we're dismissing 4 WAR players in pre-arb, well then, I guess we just have differences of opinions. Well, I already knew that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Disagree, like a lot. 

Madrigal sux. He belongs in the Clown Pajamas on the North Side. 

If he was never a Sox player and the Cubs drafted him we'd all be snickering at Cubs fans for thinking he's great. 

Nick Madrigal hits the emptiest .300 in the history of baseball. 

Nick Madrigal had a higher ISO last year than:

Adam Frazier
Leury Garcia
Jeff McNeil
DJ Lamaheiu
Whit Merrifield

Just to name a few. This is why using phrases like "in the history of baseball" are hyperbolic nonsense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

But he didn't.  He was fucking terrible.  And Madrigal was on PACE for a 4 WAR season.  If we're dismissing 4 WAR players in pre-arb, well then, I guess we just have differences of opinions. Well, I already knew that.  

Steamer projects Madrigal for 2.1 WAR in 2022 and I think that's accurate and fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nick Madrigal had a higher ISO last year than:

Adam Frazier
Leury Garcia
Jeff McNeil
DJ Lamaheiu
Whit Merrifield

Just to name a few. This is why using phrases like "in the history of baseball" are hyperbolic nonsense. 

It was intended to be hyperbole. 

I don't like Madrigal and I don't think he's a good baseball player. 

Don't wish to discuss further, and kwitcherbitchin

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Steamer projects Madrigal for 2.1 WAR in 2022 and I think that's accurate and fair. 

2.1 WAR for close to minimum seems like a good deal especially for a team that is always concerned about budget.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Steamer projects Madrigal for 2.1 WAR in 2022 and I think that's accurate and fair. 

You say that like we couldn’t use that on this team at 2B. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Threads are suddenly going to be a lot quieter now after a new Hall of Fame List addition has been made. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You say that like we couldn’t use that on this team at 2B. 

Leury Garcia was worth 2.0 fWAR last year, so that's how easily it's found. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×