2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm prepared for Joc/Engel in RF.

Who knows at 2B. 

They might be content standing pat at SP. 

Maybe they'll trade Vaughn+ for Ketel Marte. 

I agree, I think they maybe they need to start signing some lesser players that can still contribute and than start trading some players than can bring back a very good return. The FA market right now is just crazy with all these dollar numbers flying around. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

Maybe this is why they aren't spending. I was told by many the playoffs are a total crapshoot and all you need to do is make it....so why spend when you're already one of the better teams in MLB? 

Ah yes, it must be this for the reason they aren't spending... not the fact that they never have spent. 

If anything, this would incentivize you to fight tooth and nail for that top seed to get a bye.

Regardless, this is a horrible proposal and having that many teams make the playoffs in baseball is laughable given the grind that is the regular season.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm prepared for Joc/Engel in RF.

Who knows at 2B. 

They might be content standing pat at SP. 

Maybe they'll trade Vaughn+ for Ketel Marte. 

I'm not sure why everybody wants to give Conforto (who I believe is Nick Swisher 2.0) $100M+ but writes off Joc as bargain bin trash.  There aren't enough ABs available on this team for Conforto and Joc can likely be had for next to nothing and can provide near Conforto production.  1-2 year deal gives you time to see on Cespedes and Colas.  If I thought Conforto puts us over the top then I say go for it, I just don't think he does.  Sure he's the best FA RF on the market, but I doesn't strike me as a game changing talent.  Also, I really want to see Gavin Sheets ABs next year and I'm not scared to admit it. 

Joc + Chris Taylor please.

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I'm not sure why everybody wants to give Conforto (who I believe is Nick Swisher 2.0) $100M+ but writes off Joc as bargain bin trash.  There aren't enough ABs available on this team for Conforto and Joc can likely be had for next to nothing and can provide near Conforto production.  1-2 year deal gives you time to see on Cespedes and Colas.  If I thought Conforto puts us over the top then I say go for it, I just don't think he does.  Sure he's the best FA RF on the market, but I doesn't strike me as a game changing talent.  Also, I really want to see Gavin Sheets ABs next year and I'm not scared to admit it. 

How in the world are there not enough at bats for Conforto?  He's probably instantly be the best hitter on the team against RHP.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Not enough at bats? He would be your starter in RF lol

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

How in the world are there not enough at bats for Conforto?  He's probably instantly be the best hitter on the team against RHP.  

Well there are, it just means Vaughn and Sheets platoon or get traded, which I'm not an advocate for as I'm high on both as long term pieces. 

3 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Well there are, it just means Vaughn and Sheets platoon or get traded, which I'm not an advocate for as I'm high on both as long term pieces. 

We should not be trading or pushing anyone to the side for Gavin sheets.  He will get his at bats.  He's a DH only and absolute butcher in the field.  He's not a guy we should be building around, but simply a nice guy to have around with 2 more option years. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

We should not be trading or pushing anyone to the side for Gavin sheets.  He will get his at bats.  He's a DH only and absolute butcher in the field.  He's not a guy we should be building around, but simply a nice guy to have around with 2 more option years. 

Exactly. Nothing wrong with letting him get every day at bats at Charlotte to be ready for an inevitable injury.

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ah yes, it must be this for the reason they aren't spending... not the fact that they never have spent. 

If anything, this would incentivize you to fight tooth and nail for that top seed to get a bye.

Regardless, this is a horrible proposal and having that many teams make the playoffs in baseball is laughable given the grind that is the regular season.

I agree completely with that statement. What is the point of playing 162 games, when so many mediocre teams can qualify for the Post Season? Any team can win a short series in baseball, which makes a World Series victory a lot less meaningful, with so many teams qualifying.  

8 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I agree completely with that statement. What is the point of playing 162 games, when so many mediocre teams can qualify for the Post Season? Any team can win a short series in baseball, which makes a World Series victory a lot less meaningful, with so many teams qualifying.  

Amen!

4 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Check the numbers. 

Lol.  The numbers where Conforto has a 136 wRC+ against RHP in his career in 2,187 PA. Look, Gavin was very good against RHP in a very small sample.  I am not suggesting we dump him - he has a spot on this roster, and would be a great injury fill in.  But he has zero defensive value whatsoever, and is a DH only.  Nice guy to have around?  Yes.  Our long term solution in RF, or a reason to pass on quite literally the best realistic fit for team needs?  Absolutely not.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Lol.  The numbers where Conforto has a 136 wRC+ against RHP in his career in 2,187 PA. Look, Gavin was very good against RHP in a very small sample.  I am not suggesting we dump him - he has a spot on this roster, and would be a great injury fill in.  But he has zero defensive value whatsoever, and is a DH only.  Nice guy to have around?  Yes.  Our long term solution in RF, or a reason to pass on quite literally the best realistic fit for team needs?  Absolutely not.  

He didn't even look good at 1B, his natural position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1