2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

9 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Would you accept a Kimbrel trade for Segura and a Chris Taylor signing with Sheets/Taylor/Vaughn/Engel platoon in RF if it means another cheap controllable reliever and a slightly better SP?  I think that's all I can hope for at this point, I'll probably get nothing and like it. 

I want nothing to do with anything that involves 2 of Eloy/Vaughn/Sheets in the corners everyday.  Would I accept it?  I mean, yeah?  I watch 155+ games a year.  I am not about to "not accept" it when I've watched horseshit baseball for the lionshare of my 30 years on this planet while we have the best rsoter in my lifetime.  But I'd be disappointed if the Sox don't sign Conforto. 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Every team that isn’t active has similar angst on twitter today. 

I think there's a big difference between Yankees/Red Sox fans angst and White Sox fans. Those ownership groups have proven they'll spend big and do whatever it takes to win in certain windows, Reinsdorf has never done that and the way this off-season has played out so far plays into the cynicism that Sox ownership has earned over decades.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think there's a big difference between Yankees/Red Sox fans angst and White Sox fans. Those ownership groups have proven they'll spend big and do whatever it takes to win in certain windows, Reinsdorf has never done that and the way this off-season has played out so far plays into the cynicism that Sox ownership has earned over decades.

Yankees fans are more pissed than we are.  They thought the team would get a big time SS, and there’s also the Mets factor.

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

If we don't sign Conforto, there's a very strong chance I'm rooting for the Northside next season. This is a fucking joke.

Root for the  northside team.  Oh please! Let's not go crazy!

Edited by Saufley

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

Between this, the Brian Kelly rumor and the mass exodus of GT football players, this might be an all-timer in terms of screen time for me

Well, try losing your coach to USC and half your recruiting class at a critical juncture and facing the same fate as Nebraska, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas A&M and Colorado by joining the SEC, at least until Saban retires.

Two years ago might be the last OU BCS team for a number of years...if not a decade.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yankees fans are more pissed than we are.  They thought the team would get a big time SS, and there’s also the Mets factor.

The Yankees signed a player to the highest AAV contract in history (until Scherzer) 2 off-seasons ago. Last year, they resigned DJ LeMahieu to what would be the biggest contract in White Sox history. They've been running one of the highest payrolls in baseball for as long as we've been alive. They're always spending at the top of the market.

The Sox, well... I know it's easy for me to say, but Yankees fans shouldn't have 1% of the frustration Sox fans do with how willing their owners are to spend.

Edited by maxjusttyped

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I want nothing to do with anything that involves 2 of Eloy/Vaughn/Sheets in the corners everyday.  Would I accept it?  I mean, yeah?  I watch 155+ games a year.  I am not about to "not accept" it when I've watched horseshit baseball for the lionshare of my 30 years on this planet while we have the best rsoter in my lifetime.  But I'd be disappointed if the Sox don't sign Conforto. 

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Every team that isn’t active has similar angst on twitter today. 

I think @ChiSox59 just nailed why we're feeling that angst today @fathom   really gonna sting if we can't win a playoff series with this roster

18 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

21 year old Boston fans have been alive for 12 major sports championships, they can all suck my ass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Maybe they'll surprise us, but the fact we all know Baez or Story isn't realistic is embarrassing.

Well, have to say that while Correa would fit on any team, he's not playing 2b here.

And while Baez is a gamer, you couldn't pick a less appealing offensive profile for this team than him. Story, less extreme version of that, but our infield defense would be much, much improved.

16 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Maybe they'll surprise us, but the fact we all know Baez or Story isn't realistic is embarrassing.

Oh, that was in reply to the comment about Yankees fans being upset they didn't sign a SS (there's still 3 out there).

Edited by Bob Sacamano