2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Oh, that was in reply to the comment about Yankees fans being upset they didn't sign a SS (there's still 3 out there).

While I still think Cashman is good, I think yankee fans should be upset. Since that group left for Miami it hasn't felt like yankees are bringing the same overwhelming talent engine LAD brings.

If you are a yankee fan, you should judge them by the other key franchises. And LAD is running circles around NYY in their process. If you are Steinbrenner, wouldn't you want to get David Stearns for you and bring his Ace factory to the bronx rather than signing pitchers for 13 years and having to figure out how to cycle them through? 

Anyway, yes this is my poor yankees fans speech.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Can’t link it but found it funny that Ozzie Jr tweeted if Sox fans would change their mind about Javy if he signed with the Sox. Didn’t seem like any inside info

What's your vibes take on Baez? 

Just now, bmags said:

Would love it honestly. Would be incredible defensively and more importantly, piss off every Cubs fan I know.  People don’t realize how much every young kid in Chicago loves Javy.  Even kids that are Sox fans love him (besides mine)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bmags said:

If he swings and misses at precisely the right frequency for the waves to move around the ballpark, they will interfere constructively and turn into a version of Nikola Tesla’s earthquake machine.

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Either one wouldn’t be totally that bad. Soler knows the AL Central and has two WS rings.

Soler would be a bad option for a team that has lots of DHs and righties and needs a guy to play OF defense and hit left handed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

No more blogging for you!

That would be hilarious if that happened. Perhaps they sense it too and that's why they don't want to pull the trigger on the trade.

It would be a pretty epic fuck-up on their end.  Like up there with trading Ray Durham to the A’s for Jon Adkins and not realizing you would have got a comp pick, acquiring Machado’s buddies for him not to sign with us, and trading James Baldwin to the Dodgers for the wrong player.

2 minutes ago, staxxington said:

I'm still optimistic, but if thing's dont improve it will be such a shame.

This team has the potential to be dominant for the next 5-10 years with a couple aggressive additions. Otherwise, I have a feeling it will be a lot of first round playoff exits 

So far they’ve lost 5 wins from their rotation, so there’s also still an opening for the division if someone moves aggressively. 

Unlikely for them to miss all 4 wild cards though.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Another player who isn't special against RHP.

NO. 

I would actually be mad if they signed Baez to anything but the most unrealistic team friendly contract in baseball history.  The defense is nice, but do not like offensive fit at all and the dude is going to get paid handsomely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I would actually be mad if they signed Baez to anything but the most unrealistic team friendly contract in baseball history.  The defense is nice, but do not like offensive fit at all and the dude is going to get paid handsomely.

I’m starting to be an acolyte to fathoms vibes only approach to team building