2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

13 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This is part of the reason why I was hoping the Tigers signed Correa, the Sox seem to only care about what’s happening in their division and lack of urgency is because their division sucks and because they aren’t trying to overpay in the second hand store. But in regards to the Tigers I know it sounds dumb but would have maybe forced the Sox to look for a bigger upgrade than let’s say Conforto if DET signed Correa

• Like 1

I hope Chris Taylor is signed. He provides exactly what Ben Zobrist brought to the Cubs...positional versatility and 'grindiness'. It will be interesting to see what Dodgers do now that Seeger has bailed but if I only had one FA from this crop, Taylor would be the guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

I hope Chris Taylor is signed. He provides exactly what Ben Zobrist brought to the Cubs...positional versatility and 'grindiness'. It will be interesting to see what Dodgers do now that Seeger has bailed but if I only had one FA from this crop, Taylor would be the guy.

I like Taylor, but what he lacks that Zobrist had was good contact. Taylor would be among our worst in K%, zobrist was a 12-13% k rate guy.

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

He will be significantly cheaper than Seager so I think he has a good chance to return to the Dodgers.

18 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He will be significantly cheaper than Seager so I think he has a good chance to return to the Dodgers.

Taylor finished the season in an 8-72 slump, and had an OBP under .300 and an OPS under .700 the second half of 2021.  He is basically the position player equivalent of Kimbrel.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

Barring a crazy day of signings (which is still possible), there will be plenty of quality free agents hanging in limbo after today.  Who knows how long it will be before a new CBA is agreed upon.  Guys like Conforto, Castellanos, Freeman, Rizzo, Correa, Story, and a bunch of pitchers will be flying off the shelves once FAs can be signed again.  I'd be really surprised if a few of a big ones aren't signed today.

The only thing that likes scraps more than the White Sox is my dog.

The White Sox will "wait out" the market and take what no one else wanted. 4D Hahn chess.

I guess it's growth after rushing to EATon the Brussel Sprouts thinking other people might prioritize those over all the other fixins!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The only thing that likes scraps more than the White Sox is my dog.

The White Sox will "wait out" the market and take what no one else wanted. 4D Hahn chess.

I guess it's growth after rushing to EATon the Brussel Sprouts thinking other people might prioritize those over all the other fixins!

I can already hear Hahn's comments about how they didn't feel they needed to spend a lot since they already have a great core in place and just needed complimentary pieces (after signing Joc, Villar/Iglesias/Hernandez for 2B, the return of Leury, and lesser reliever).

• Haha 1

The thread here should be changed to 

2022 there was no off-season plan...

As a White Sox fan so far being very disappointed Rob Ray was attainable, I do not see any pitching trade prospects that have Cy Young Caliber... is like White Sox are just hoping they get lucky signing a middle tier free agent instead of going for the power move smh let s hope Hahn and Co. really have something up their sleeve because right now off-season has been a failure 

Just now, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

The thread here should be changed to 

2022 there was no off-season plan...

As a White Sox fan so far being very disappointed Rob Ray was attainable, I do not see any pitching trade prospects that have Cy Young Caliber... is like White Sox are just hoping they get lucky signing a middle tier free agent instead of going for the power move smh let s hope Hahn and Co. really have something up their sleeve because right now off-season has been a failure 

Carlos Rodon is still available.  He was a Cy Young Caliber........

Oh sweet nothin, you ain't got nothin at all

no player november sad roster playlist

Hold Kimbrel
Bundy $9M
Dickerson $7M
Garcia $6M
Kendell Graveman $8M
Trade Dallas Keuchel for Robinson Cano & $2M Annually

Salary $183M

Hahn Quotes:
"To be able to add a Hall of Famer like Robinson cano to our lineup was something we couldn't pass up"
"We feel like with Hendriks, Kimbrel and Graveman, nobody will want to face our bullpen"
"Dickerson gives us good production vs RHP and give us more versatility in our lineup"
"Certainly you may have seen what Leury did in the playoffs and all of last year, we didn't want to let a player like that go"
"Dylan Bundy we have been tracking for a while, and we think can get him back to his 2020 form. No, we didn't get a 2nd year option, and if he's great we will not extend a QO, because that's not how we operate"

You are welcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, fathom said:

Are they pushing for a decision in next 24 hours

I’m imagining a scenario where the Sox and Conforto agree to terms but can’t get the deal finalized before the deadline and Soxtalk sits in purgatory for 3 months flipping out the entire time. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I’m imagining a scenario where the Sox and Conforto agree to terms but can’t get the deal finalized before the deadline and Soxtalk sits in purgatory for 3 months flipping out the entire time. 

I mean, Boras sitting with an unfinalized deal...what could go wrong?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

I do wonder if the Sox can get Story on a reasonable deal at this point. His market appears to be drying up and still has Correa in front of him. I have my concerns about him, but he is still a massive upgrade at the position. 

I think Story is staying at SS. He’d be smart to sign somewhere for a year to prove he can play at a high level outside Denver, and then hit free agency again next year.

3 hours ago, Rey21 said:

This is part of the reason why I was hoping the Tigers signed Correa, the Sox seem to only care about what’s happening in their division and lack of urgency is because their division sucks and because they aren’t trying to overpay in the second hand store. But in regards to the Tigers I know it sounds dumb but would have maybe forced the Sox to look for a bigger upgrade than let’s say Conforto if DET signed Correa

Don't be fooled by this.   

There is no changing the White Sox business  model.   The Twins could be having the Mets offseason right now and Reinsdorf wouldn't even blink. 

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Taylor finished the season in an 8-72 slump, and had an OBP under .300 and an OPS under .700 the second half of 2021.  He is basically the position player equivalent of Kimbrel.  

Upon which the Dodgers promptly extended a QO

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

he hit .351 in the playoffs with a 700 slugging.