Chicago White Sox

2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Where are we at with all of this @Chicago White Sox ?

So far my FA "bracket" has been busted, as two of the three free agents I wanted the Sox to acquire, Robbie Ray and Yan Gomes, are off the board, both with reasonable deals, and the Sox signed the third (Leury Garcia).

Perhaps we can have a new thread with what would one do post lockout with $30M budget like we did last year.

My FA picks for $30M did well overall last offseason with two on point picks (Schwarber (3.1 fWAR), Zunino (4.5 fWAR)), Pederson who did well in the Postseason (0.6 fWAR + 3 HRs & a WS) and one mediocre pick in Colome (0.1 fWAR).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Where are we at with all of this @Chicago White Sox ?

So far my FA "bracket" has been busted, as two of the three free agents I wanted the Sox to acquire, Robbie Ray and Yan Gomes, are off the board, both with reasonable deals, and the Sox signed the third (Leury Garcia).

Perhaps we can have a new thread with what would one do post lockout with $30M budget like we did last year.

My FA picks for $30M did well overall last offseason with two on point picks (Schwarber (3.1 fWAR), Zunino (4.5 fWAR)), Pederson who did well in the Postseason (0.6 fWAR + 3 HRs & a WS) and one mediocre pick in Colome (0.1 fWAR).

Honestly, I think it’s a great idea for a thread.  Cue one up and I’d definitely partake.

• Like 1

White Sox “Wish List” post lockout according to Bleacher Report. Remember this is just their opinion and is not based on any sources:

Chicago White Sox

1. LHP Carlos Rodon: With respect to Clayton Kershaw, reuniting with Rodon is the best way the White Sox can satisfy their desire for a "front -ine starter," which USA Today's Bob Nightengale reported they are seeking.

2. 2B Donovan Solano: Matching a free agent to Chicago's other desire for a second baseman is trickier, but Solano is a bat-to-ball guy who'd fit well in its lineup.

3. LF Eddie Rosario: This one's more of a reach, but signing the reigning NLCS MVP would allow the Sox to move Eloy Jimenez to DH, where he belongs.”

32 minutes ago, hi8is said:

White Sox “Wish List” post lockout according to Bleacher Report. Remember this is just their opinion and is not based on any sources:

Chicago White Sox

1. LHP Carlos Rodon: With respect to Clayton Kershaw, reuniting with Rodon is the best way the White Sox can satisfy their desire for a "front -ine starter," which USA Today's Bob Nightengale reported they are seeking.

2. 2B Donovan Solano: Matching a free agent to Chicago's other desire for a second baseman is trickier, but Solano is a bat-to-ball guy who'd fit well in its lineup.

3. LF Eddie Rosario: This one's more of a reach, but signing the reigning NLCS MVP would allow the Sox to move Eloy Jimenez to DH, where he belongs.”

What a miserable offseason this would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Chicago White Sox

This looks terrible and fully what I’m expecting .

53 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I just barfed a little.

3 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

I just barfed a little.

You all cray cray. Landing Carlos and filling 2B and a corner OF (though I'd prefer a Pederson who can play RF to Rosario) will put their payroll over $200M. If they are able to move Kimbrel, they would likely get a Kiermaier / Segura contract making the payroll savings a near wash.

The top teams (Dodgers, Yankees, Boston, perhaps the Cubs) were sidelined until they knew what they were facing with a revised (or cancelled) "Luxury Tax". Expect these teams to spend aggressively if they know they aren't losing draft picks or heavy fines with the new CBA.

Do you expect the Sox to increase their payroll by $100M from last year into the $220M-$240M range to land 2-3 guys of the highest projected AAVs left on the board beyond Rodon (Correa, Story, Kershaw, Castellanos, Bryant, Schawaber)?

4 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

This looks terrible and fully what I’m expecting .

The latter two options strike me as realistic, but I'd be surprised if the Sox add a pitcher as good as Rodon.

I'm hoping to be wrong, of course.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You all cray cray. Landing Carlos and filling 2B and a corner OF (though I'd prefer a Pederson who can play RF to Rosario) will put their payroll over $200M. If they are able to move Kimbrel, they would likely get a Kiermaier / Segura contract making the payroll savings a near wash.

The top teams (Dodgers, Yankees, Boston, perhaps the Cubs) were sidelined until they knew what they were facing with a revised (or cancelled) "Luxury Tax". Expect these teams to spend aggressively if they know they aren't losing draft picks or heavy fines with the new CBA.

Do you expect the Sox to increase their payroll by $100M from last year into the $220M-$240M range to land 2-3 guys of the highest projected AAVs left on the board beyond Rodon (Correa, Story, Kershaw, Castellanos, Bryant, Schawaber)?

No way in H.E. double hockey sticks LL

5 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

At this point bringing Rodon back would somewhat salvage what has so far been a terrible off-season for the White Sox.

• Like 1