Sox to talk about Semien with Boras

DirtySox

I think the odds of Kimbrel netting you total salary relief and a player that can help you win are very slim. He didnt net those types when he as cheaper and younger and had fewer questions.  It seems the reward for picking up his option and trading him is a $1 million buyout savings. The risks don't seem worth it. Unless they trade him fairly early, he basically holds your offseaon hostage, not only with his salary but with his role. Say they want to bring Tepera back. He isn't going to wait around for them to unload Kimbrel if he has other similar offers. And that $16 million is going to effect other moves as long as it is on the books. 

Levine was on the Score yesterday for two hours and the only player he mentioned the Sox having interest in so far was Semien.  I must be the only one a little surprised at how little the Sox are mentioned by the media as being interested in a particular player.

31 minutes ago, fathom said:

Levine was on the Score yesterday for two hours and the only player he mentioned the Sox having interest in so far was Semien.  I must be the only one a little surprised at how little the Sox are mentioned by the media as being interested in a particular player.

We are never interested in players during FA from the media's perspective. Look at the typical FA signing predictions going back a few years, no one ever has us signing anyone but a wannabe. 

• Like 1

The Sox blew there wad last year. Hendriks, extending Lynne ( great move ! ). They will not spend $200 million on any player let alone $300 million.  That’s what Simien will get. They have to extend Giolitto, Anderson is very cheap and they better extend and take care of him like they did Abreu and Lynne. These cheap and well thought bargains on Jimenez, Robert and Moncada were GREAT MOVES. These guys will get disgruntled in a year or 2 when they what the market is like. JR made a ballsy move significantly keeping the payroll low with these future superstars. Anderson is going to want to get paid. JR doesn’t have the balls to sign anyone to an 8 or 10 year contract these days. They did try with Machado, they were close, but no cigar. The New CBA contract will dictate how the Sox respond. Universal DH, no shift, and an actual 20 pitch clock coming soon. I don’t believe Kimbrel’s 16 million will be on the books for 2022. He will be traded for a Prospect or veteran with Good Value contract for 2 years or so. Sox also need SPEED!!!!! They are slow and a defensive catcher wouldn’t hurt.  A balls move would be sign Marte and move Robert to Right Field.  Solves 2 problems with 1 signing Speed and right field.If Vaughn  and Sheets can play right, Robert sure can. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

PS as an addendum to my comment above, Bruce Levine is full of shit if he thinks he knows that Hahn is talking to Boras about Simien or any of his clients.  

I’m sure they have. Scott Boras will meet with anyone who has interest in his clients. Other teams don’t know how strong any teams’ interest is, so Boras will always take the meeting because it’s more interest in his client and that interest will push competitive bidding. That is different from “the White Sox have a competitive offer for him”. 

17 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I’m sure they have. Scott Boras will meet with anyone who has interest in his clients. Other teams don’t know how strong any teams’ interest is, so Boras will always take the meeting because it’s more interest in his client and that interest will push competitive bidding. That is different from “the White Sox have a competitive offer for him”. 

Levine guessed it was about Semien and not Bryant

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Levine guessed it was about Semien and not Bryant

Can’t help but notice these are his two clients who previously played in Chicago. What are the odds Levine even knows who the rest are?

I am still pretty skeptical here. He’s just such a hack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

PS as an addendum to my comment above, Bruce Levine is full of shit if he thinks he knows that Hahn is talking to Boras about Simien or any of his clients.  

So you don’t think Hahn is talking to Boras about any of his clients?
You’re approaching the Hall of Fame List level. 

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Thought it was funny that Bruce threw out a number like 5/115 for Semien. No chance it’s that low.

Yea… 115 = too low… 200 to 300 = too high

My guess is it’ll end up being between 130 and 145.

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Sox should've used Kimbrel to close a few games (did they? I don't recall that), to maybe help validate that he's still effective as a closer

On the other hand, maybe not letting him fail in the role saved his trade value 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

The Sox blew there wad last year. Hendriks, extending Lynne ( great move ! ). They will not spend $200 million on any player let alone $300 million.  That’s what Simien will get. They have to extend Giolitto, Anderson is very cheap and they better extend and take care of him like they did Abreu and Lynne. These cheap and well thought bargains on Jimenez, Robert and Moncada were GREAT MOVES. These guys will get disgruntled in a year or 2 when they what the market is like. JR made a ballsy move significantly keeping the payroll low with these future superstars. Anderson is going to want to get paid. JR doesn’t have the balls to sign anyone to an 8 or 10 year contract these days. They did try with Machado, they were close, but no cigar. The New CBA contract will dictate how the Sox respond. Universal DH, no shift, and an actual 20 pitch clock coming soon. I don’t believe Kimbrel’s 16 million will be on the books for 2022. He will be traded for a Prospect or veteran with Good Value contract for 2 years or so. Sox also need SPEED!!!!! They are slow and a defensive catcher wouldn’t hurt.  A balls move would be sign Marte and move Robert to Right Field.  Solves 2 problems with 1 signing Speed and right field.If Vaughn  and Sheets can play right, Robert sure can. 

Moncada is not a bargain his last two option years unless he puts up 2019 numbers.

Robert is never moving to RF for anyone...not even Yasiel Puig/Roberto Clemente in CF.

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Moncada is not a bargain his last two option years unless he puts up 2019 numbers.

Robert is never moving to RF for anyone...not even Yasiel Puig/Roberto Clemente in CF.

Should we see a 2022 season, my pick for biggest breakout year is Moncada. Robert will also become the super star we’ve seen him morphing into, should he stay healthy… but I really think Yoan will have a career year.

I just hope we see a fucking 2022 season. 😡

51 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Should we see a 2022 season, my pick for biggest breakout year is Moncada. Robert will also become the super star we’ve seen him morphing into, should he stay healthy… but I really think Yoan will have a career year.

I just hope we see a fucking 2022 season. 😡

Im curiously excited to see what Moncada looks like another year away from Covid

13 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Im curiously excited to see what Moncada looks like another year away from Covid

Are we still using covid as an excuse?  Moncada is fine just needs to get some lift on those hard hit fly balls. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Thought it was funny that Bruce threw out a number like 5/115 for Semien. No chance it’s that low.

This only proves that Levine knows Jack and Shit, and is talking shit here. He knows fuck all about MLB , and fuck all about White Sox baseball. Its a complete and total waste of time to pay any attention to what this fucko says or tweets.

5/115 for Semien is a fucking joke.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Clemente and Puig were lifetime RFers.

He moves for Mays and Andruw Jones, Griffey Jr and a few others.

8 hours ago, fathom said:

A cautious tale for those wanting to trade Vaughn. 2014 was the time to be interested in Semien.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

18 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

2014 was the time to be interested in Semien.

“He might be the one we look back on and wish we could have back.” - Kenny Williams talking about Semien when we traded him to Oakland.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Clemente and Puig were lifetime RFers.

He moves for Mays and Andruw Jones, Griffey Jr and a few others.

A cautious tale for those wanting to trade Vaughn. 2014 was the time to be interested in Semien.

Inside joke with Kyle...dating back to 2013-14.

• Thanks 1

• Quin locked this topic