Sox to talk about Semien with Boras

DirtySox

15 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

So you think Rodon coming back is actually a possibility?  

I think it's probable that RH hopes to sign Carlos in the range of three years at 12-14 million with incentives.  He knows he couldn't convince Boras and CR of that kind of deal until they tested the water and found no takers at that 18 million range.  It only takes one team to prove me wrong but last year he was practically free and could find no takers.  The health concerns are still real and most teams still regard 20 million as real money.

16 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

PS as an addendum to my comment above, Bruce Levine is full of shit if he thinks he knows that Hahn is talking to Boras about Simien or any of his clients.  

I have honestly always through the opposite of Levine if you really listen to him.  When he let's his guard down, he seems to have a pretty decent level of inside knowledge.  The problem is that he seems to be more concerned with protecting his sources than he is about revealing info.  if you listen to him as news breaks, he will THEN start to reveal details that could have only been known if he knew something before the news broke.  But for whatever reason, he is content not being the guy in front of the news.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have honestly always through the opposite of Levine if you really listen to him.  When he let's his guard down, he seems to have a pretty decent level of inside knowledge.  The problem is that he seems to be more concerned with protecting his sources than he is about revealing info.  if you listen to him as news breaks, he will THEN start to reveal details that could have only been known if he knew something before the news broke.  But for whatever reason, he is content not being the guy in front of the news.

The Omar Vizquel guarantee probably scarred him for life 

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Oof, I don't know. For whatever reason summertime I'm often in the car during Inside the Clubhouse w/levine. Spiegel provides all the knowledge, levine says so much garbage that makes it unclear whether he watches baseball at all, but especially lacks awareness of anything outside Chicago. 

Do I think he talks to people, yes. But as I've said many times, you could have a direct source to hahn and still be bad at prediciting sox moves without context of their tendencies and what the rest of the market does.

12 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Are we still using covid as an excuse?  Moncada is fine just needs to get some lift on those hard hit fly balls. 

Covid is a new disease. There’s not enough data and information out there on how it changes someone’s body but people who had severe cases, have experienced side effects lasting weeks, months and a year.

It’s not an excuse, he had a severe case of a dangerous virus. It’s very likely and possible that the reason he’s not hitting the ball as hard is that Covid could’ve zapped a lot of his strength. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Covid is a new disease. There’s not enough data and information out there on how it changes someone’s body but people who had severe cases, have experienced side effects lasting weeks, months and a year.

It’s not an excuse, he had a severe case of a dangerous virus. It’s very likely and possible that the reason he’s not hitting the ball as hard is that Covid could’ve zapped a lot of his strength. 

Moncada has hit plenty of balls hard. Covid is dangerous but I'm not buying it zapping his power at this point. 

• Like 3

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Couldn't agree more.

I think we need to accept Moncada for the player he is. A guy that will get on base and crush balls for singles and doubles and about 25 to 30 homers. If he continues to play very good defense that is still a great player. Our more consistent HR power the next two years will mostly come from Robert, Eloy, Abreu, and Vaughn. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think we need to accept Moncada for the player he is. A guy that will get on base and crush balls for singles and doubles and about 25 to 30 homers. If he continues to play very good defense that is still a great player. Our more consistent HR power the next two years will mostly come from Robert, Eloy, Abreu, and Vaughn. 

I'd be ecstatic if he hit 25 home runs.  The sad reality, is that he has hit more than 17, just once in his 5 year career.   Not sure where the home runs are.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Is he?

7 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

Did he have a severe case? I don’t remember seeing that. 

20 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Couldn't agree more.

He also had shoulder problems from terrible slides. That can definitely zap strength. I had relatively mild case of covid, yet I still have some weird reoccurring symptoms. I would not be shocked if people experience lung, circulatory , & renal diseases 10 years or more done the line due to Covid.

45 minutes ago, kleedawg said:

He also had shoulder problems from terrible slides. That can definitely zap strength. I had relatively mild case of covid, yet I still have some weird reoccurring symptoms. I would not be shocked if people experience lung, circulatory , & renal diseases 10 years or more done the line due to Covid.

Is there any proof behind this, or just a hunch? That would be awful, especially since it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Is there any proof behind this, or just a hunch? That would be awful, especially since it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. 

It is impossible for there to be proof of what happens 10 years after exposure to a virus that has only been around for 2 years.

That said, many viruses are known to have poorly understood, long term effects. The flu is far less severe than COVID but there are cases where people have issues from the flu several years later. This, it is entirely expected that COVID will leave some people with permanent declines in their quality of life.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17497-6
https://www.health.com/condition/flu/flu-long-term-effects
https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/09/29/long-flu-also-exists-but-is-less-common-than-long-covid-study-suggests/?sh=1ca94f421305 

I have a colleague who caught an unknown virus in 2011 and wound up nearly dying of pneumonia, ucla medical center saved his life, but he is permanently disabled from it. Had no known comparable issues prior to that.

• Quin locked this topic