Eduardo Rodriguez to DET

TheTruth05

37 minutes ago, kleedawg said:

Detroit needed a veteran anchor to their staff. I'm not sure rodriguez is that. I think he fits better on a team rounding out an established staff. I'm glad they didn't bring back Verlander or someone like that.

I generally agree with this, but my assumption is that those types of veterans might prefer to play for a more obvious contender at this point in their careers.

I’m not exactly jumping up and down with excitement if I’m a Tigers fan, but I think it’s a decent move. Plus, they’ve shown the willingness to spend when they consider their window to be open.

Tigers fans on Twitter believe Correa is already signing with them. Also, there is a rumor out there that he has already signed with them. Lol

https://detroitsportsnation.com/rumor-suggests-carlos-correa-to-detroit-tigers-is-a-done-deal/wgbrady/mlb/detroit-tigers-news/11/15/2021/261855/

This guy, Michael Balko appears to be throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. 

Edited by maloney.adam

49 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

But I was told other teams don't run to the media after failed deals to tell their side of the story?

With the Jays likely to lose Ray and Semien, they have a lot of pressure to keep up considering they barely missed the playoffs with 91 wins.

Then you have the Mariners with only six bigger contracts and Seager's unfavorable deal off the books.

And the Angels desperate to break through with pitching to go along with Trout, Ohtani and a certain former Nationals 3B.

Finally, many expect the Rangers to be one of the biggest spenders, along with the Yankees.

If you're in the AL and not pushing forwards, you will get caught and passed from behind eventually.

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh so am I, but $16M/year for Rodriguez isn’t a bad deal in isolation for them.  Just a poor fit when the best team in the division crushes LHP.

Tigers think they can win the division next year. They played very well against the Sox and they can smell blood in the water. Our best SP is gone. Keuchel was bad. Kopech is still in on the job training. Hahn made the Sox worse at the deadline and may make them worse again because he works for Jerry who may decide "fuck all the players" again .

• Like 1

Haha, in all seriousness -- I do think the Tigers are very very close to be competitive with us. A shortstop signing and if the CBA goes well in favor of prospects (meaning Torkelson + Riley could be up opening day) would go a long way for them. Their pitching staff can go from mediocre/good to great really fast. E-Rod is a great signing -- his underlying stats look good. Mize/Tarik could go off and Manning is not dead yet -- he can be there Giolito/Cease transformation year over year (although not as high ceiling IMO).

Tork + Correa + Riley Greene + maybe another signing and their offense becomes competitive. 

DET more scary than any other team in the division for us IMO. 

Hmph, he's still in his 20s, he had an ERA near 5 but the best FIP, K/9, and BB/9 (tie with rookie year) of his career last year. This could be a sneaky good signing with that bigger ballpark in Detroit as opposed to Boston. Looks like he jumped to a .364 BABIP last year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Tigers fans on Twitter believe Correa is already signing with them. Also, there is a rumor out there that he has already signed with them. Lol

https://detroitsportsnation.com/rumor-suggests-carlos-correa-to-detroit-tigers-is-a-done-deal/wgbrady/mlb/detroit-tigers-news/11/15/2021/261855/

This guy, Michael Balko appears to be throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. 

Speaking of throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks, you post "lol" about this kind of shit yet here you were last year posting every Portillo's Hot Dog or whatever the fuck's rumor. You enjoy these stupid ass rumors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Hmph, he's still in his 20s, he had an ERA near 5 but the best FIP, K/9, and BB/9 (tie with rookie year) of his career last year. This could be a sneaky good signing with that bigger ballpark in Detroit as opposed to Boston. Looks like he jumped to a .364 BABIP last year.

I honestly think he just got unlucky last year. His exit velo and hard hit % were both really good. So the high BABIP really didn't make a lot of sense. It's also way easier to pitch in Detroit than it is in Boston, like you said. I feel like it's damn near impossible to hit a homer to dead center in Detroit. 

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Speaking of throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks, you post "lol" about this kind of shit yet here you were last year posting every Portillo's Hot Dog or whatever the fuck's rumor. You enjoy these stupid ass rumors.

You just made the ignore list with this stupid fucking post.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I mean, he’s not wrong.

What’s the rule on posting fake or non fake rumors on here? Maybe you can head up the team that will enforce this rule since you care about it so much but yes I do enjoy the rumors no matter if they are stupid or real. It makes the offseason fun and interesting. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1