Sign in to follow this  
bmags

Justin Yurchak

20 hours ago, bmags said:

We traded him for Manny Banuelos after he struggled in Kanny, interesting to note he led the minors in BA last year and hit .900 OPS across two levels. Looks like he'll be a hot topic for rule 5.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/players/97124/justin-yurchak/

IIRC, the batting average is a pretty big surprise.  He was drafted with off of the charts raw power, but not much else.

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

IIRC, the batting average is a pretty big surprise.  He was drafted with off of the charts raw power, but not much else.

Is that true? I vaguely remember him hitting for average at Great Falls. But that was a good place to hit.

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Is that true? I vaguely remember him hitting for average at Great Falls. But that was a good place to hit.

I always thought he was more of an on base type guy 

What I remember is he was a draft eligible soph who had more BBS than Ks, and destroyed Great Falls when that place was like an Instagram filter you’d put over all of our college prospects and they’d look sexy as hell.

After he struggled with us in full season ball and  figured he was like the others, but damn he can hit. Hope he keeps raking.

23 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't think he's a prospect still. 1B only and doesn't hit for power. 

Kind of a modern day Ross Gload?

Looks like the Dodgers didn't add him to their 40 man. I have no idea what to make of this, but he posted BABIP's above .400 in High-A & AA last year. I can't recall ever seeing that from a guy who played substantial amounts of times at 2 different levels.